Getting back into the "system"

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, May 11, 2010.

  1. V

    V I can choose my own title Registered Member

    Apr 2, 2009
    Likes Received:
    Cancun, Centro
    +6 / 0
    It came up on another thread that some people who moved to Mexico a number of years ago, and stopped filing tax returns, now may want to put themselves in a position to receive social security retirement benefits. For some, this could be possible, if they had previously worked enough to have a vested retirement (ten years of qualified work, before leaving the U.S.).

    The issues were discussed in some detail in that other thread, so I won't repeat it, here.

    If there are those who would like to discuss this possibility, we could meet some evening for a beer, and go over what some people I know- who had lived abroad for a number of years, and not filed- have done to sort out their situation.

    (Look near the end of the second page of the thread.)
    Last edited: May 12, 2010
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice