Getting back from Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Alice, Apr 1, 2007.

1. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would say it's hit or miss. I saw about 8 cans there about an hour ago if you hurry. :wink:

2. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the only place we ever found it at was a small store in side the mall. La Isla ( am i spelling that right?)

My dh thinks he will die with out DP. lol So we always head over there and get it. Sorry i dont remember the name of the small store. its by the liquor store in the mall.

3. Alice

Alice Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lol, yep that's my daughter too, a week without DP could be stressful on all of us. Do you know which mall the store is in? Thanks much

4. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    it is in La Isla

but a idea may be to get 20 oz bottles and take them with you in luggage. then you will have empty luggage on the way home for surviners

5. Alice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So La Isla is the name of the mall the little store is in? Is La Isla downtown? I thought about bringing a case with us. I'll have to check with the airline and the entry rules. Thanks for the info, my daughter greatly appreciates your help.

6. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    La Isla mall is in the hotel zone.

7. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. Alice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you, it looks lovely.

9. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It actually is as nice as it looks... very pleasant and enjoyable.
    That being said, it's clearly geared to the upper middle-class tourist and as such, it's not the place to expect to enegage in much beneficial negotiation (makes sense - after all, that's not a proficiency nor a propensity of that tourist class), but they'll forgive you (or at least they do me) if you forget.

10. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To get back on topic:
    I would take the bus from the restaurant to Wal Mart. Cost 65 cents per person. Then on the way back, (sorry locals) forget the rate posted outside of Wal Mart for the taxi fares. Go just outside of the Wal Mart parking lot(next to the bus stop) and hail a cab on the street. You can negotiate the rate down to 10 dollars for up to 4 people, depending on the driver. Maximum you should agree to is $12.00 for the cab. Note take your stuff in the cart and have one of you stand next to it till you find the cab who is willing to take you to your hotel.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice