Getting back from Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Alice, Apr 1, 2007.

1. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The sign was posted there when we were in Cancun the first week of March.

Got a funny one, two years ago we were staying at the Radisson Hacienda and the cabbie thought we were at the Radisson in the HZ and the price was like 140 pesos, we said ok then discovered where we were going told him Downtown then got to our hotel, still 140 pesos. He had to like that fair and the gringo paying it.

2. M&M

M&M Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Something to Consider

We always order a few things online from the Royal Resorts website. Usually drinks and snacks. They have these in the villa when we arrive. When we check in we go to the store onsite and get what we need form there and then use Wal Mart to supplement what we can't find at the onsite store. We've found that we buy less and less from Wal Mart. It makes it easier when bringing groceries back, if you don't have a huge load.

BTW, When are you going?

Mike

3. Alice

Alice Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the advise Mike. We are going June 23rd. Do you find you usually get your room by 4:00? We are going to need 8 cases of water, 2 cases of Diet Dr. Pepper and 1 case of beer, which I planned on getting at Wal-Mart and taking a taxi (or 2) back to the resort and snagging a bellman for assistance to the room. Do you think it would be better to just order that from the Royal Resort. Also, I think I have read that Wal-Mart has better milk (?). The girls will go through at least a couple of gallons for breakfast.

TIA,
    Alice

4. jakif

jakif Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    WalMart

Hi Alice,
    I also own at the Royal Resorts. I buy enough the first day at the on site grocery store to get us through the weekend and then take a trip to WalMart for everything else. Sam's CLub is also in the same complex and I have found that they will give you a one-day membership pass there. It might be worth a look as it is just across the parking lot from WalMart. WalMart does have regular (American type) milk. Royal Resorts also stocks this type of milk but I have always found that they get their delivery on a Saturday and it sells out very quickly. Please let me know if I can help with anything else. Enjoy your stay at the Royal Resorts, we have owned there since 1987 and looking forward to going there twice a year. Be there on the 21st of this month and can't wait.....Jaki

5. M&M

M&M Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have always been able to get into our room before 4:00. :D

It sounds like you're getting a lot of drinks. You may want to order some of that in advance. It should be there when you check in. Once you arrive you can check out the onsite store for any other items you need and then if there is something that you can't get from the resort you can get it from Wal Mart. The Royals do carry "American style" milk, but as noted above they run out pretty quickly. You could either order this online or pick it up on the first day you're there.
    I'm not sure if you'll be able to find the Diet Dr. Pepper

Have a Great Trip,
    Mike

6. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good luck finding Dr. Pepper and you can probably forget about finding Diet Dr. Pepper. Those are "luxury" items around here, lol. If I see Dr. Pepper I buy a few, but they are always priced higher than the regular soft drinks too. I have never seen Diet Dr. P.

7. Alice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do you know if we could fly it in with us? I know you can't bring perishables.

8. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't think it's a problem to bring it in. I would only be concerned about breakage and spilling or cans exploding, but I don't think customs would care. :D

9. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The best day of my life was the day I found Dr. Pepper at Walmart a few years ago. Only 5 pesos a can on sale!!!

I actually found it at Walmart over Xmas but I didn't notice the price. But I was a happy girl. Forget about Diet Dr Pepper though.

10. Alice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So do you think we will be able to get regular Dr. Pepper at Wal-Mart or is it hit and miss?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice