General Advice

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by BobcatFalcon, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Boilercpl

Boilercpl Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +496 / 1
    Timeshare speech down to 45 minutes! Skip breakfast and go directly to the tour and presentation. Earlier is probably better since time is $$ if they sense you are not interested, they'll move on.

2. Ty&Mandy

Ty&Mandy Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +403 / 0
    100% agree, tell them you already ate first thing. Skip the tour and go right to talking numbers. Just keep saying no if you have no interest. When they bring in the closer guy you know you only have 5 to 10 mins left. We told him no twice and he just stood up and said ok thanks, here’s your gift. We signed something saying we didn’t buy in and back to the pool we went.

3. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Wait you signed 'something saying we didn't buy in'. Did you read the fine print? I think you own a piece of Temptation. :)

just kidding. When they asked us to sign at the end stating it was so they knew we attended the presentation for their records I did almost refuse.

4. teamDMFP

teamDMFP Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +566 / 1
    One thing about the presentation - they are REALLY REALLY good at what they do...(in other words, they have all kinds of answers, whether they're real or not lol).

And the other thing about the presentation - if you say no, you're not interested, then they have someone come over to do a "survey" (that's what they told us)...but it was just another person to try and sell an even cheaper package to you (a "starter" package so-to-speak).

We made sure to schedule it so we had a firm deadline (meeting friends for whatever)...that way we had a firm excuse for getting out of there lol.

5. MajesticMelons

MajesticMelons Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 3
    In general Never Never Never buy something when you are under pressure.
    There is a reason they are putting pressure on you and confusing you with numbers not to mention giving you alcohol. You are not
    selling being sold something perishable. If it is a good deal today it will be a good deal tomorrow or even the next day. I'm not saying it not a good deal or not something you will eventual buy but you have to do your do diligence. Their method is to try and prevent you from doing so through emotion, pressure, confusion and if that doesn't work shame or embarrassment. Research and decision making has to be done before you put a pen to paper, without a sales person hovering over you. It has been my policy to never buy anything of significant value without doing research on my timetable usually over night. I always walk away one to think about it and also hopefully they will chase you with a better price.
    The time share industry is worth aprox 8.6 billion dollars, yes that with a "B". A industry that big has test and refined ways separate you from you money. Again it may be the right fit for you but start from the point they are going to rip you off. Make them work to prove its worth it and make sure it is there right fiscal decision for you and not a emotional decision.

6. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,108 / 2
    We went on a referral in December. They do throw a lot of numbers at you for sure. When my wife looked at me and asked “what do you think?”, I asked the sales rep for a moment alone to work the numbers. When I called him back over, I just told him that given our limited vacation availability the numbers would not work for our situation at this point to buy. We thanked him for his time and promised to keep returning whenever we could and to sit down in that room again once our job situation changed in our favor. He was polite throughout and so we’re we, and it was a good professional business meeting.

7. Terry01392

Terry01392 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +218 / 0
    We have no interest in listening to it at all,can we not just shik it all? Or is it worth it for the free gift? Haha

8. tonelli

tonelli Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    What is the free gift that they offer in return?

9. Hottawa

Hottawa Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +138 / 0
    You don't have to listen to the sales pitch. Just politely decline. Some people opt to listen others have an obligation as they are on a referral.

Having never been I can't say with any certainty what the gift is.

10. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,108 / 2
    My first trip was in 2007, so we successfully avoided the presentation for 11 years before finally going on a referral in December.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice