Gemma's Chicago question thread..

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Sol_Gemma, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Sol_Gemma

Sol_Gemma Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have some chicago questions and thought might be best to start a new thread so i get some proper answers :lol:

1) me and claire may arrive Thursday morning, who will be around to meet us?

2) What is the dress code in the clubs?

3) what music do they play in the clubs (am hoping for cancun music??)

4) is it normal to tip the barman a dollar everytime you buy a drink?

5) Once everyone is booked, who is sorting the hotel?

6) Is there any kind of 'must see' touristy thing to do in chicago, just so our trip is cultural as well?

:beergone:

2. punkman23

punkman23 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1. What time in the morning? as mine will most likely be the morning at ORD.
    2. really there is none for girls :lol:
    3. Depends on the club, but most play the hot stuff/hits
    4.that's a standard tip per drink, but if u open a tab tip at the end

3. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    1. I dont know, I will likely be there thursday evening around 7pm, but I am sure others will be there fairly early!

2. Club wear in the summer is much like cancun! But it really depends on what club you go to. If you go to the bars that have dj's, its really laid back, you will see girls in shorts and tshirts but most clubs you were club wear. Doesnt really matter there is such a variety of what people wear!

3. Again, depends on what club you go to, but in most cases, if you are going to a normal club, it will be hip hop.

4. You dont have to tip EVERYTIME, but it is normal yes to tip for your drinks! Matter fact they expect it.

5. Once everyone has their flights booked, myself and henry will look at hotels and list them with prices, and then let everyone vote and then we can make a decision!! Shouldnt be a hard problem!

6. Well yes! YOu will be staying in a hotel on the "magnificent mile" while is a mile long strip downtown of hotels and shops, its amazing!! You want to head down and at least see the sears tower(largest building in the world with antennas atop), you will want to see Navy Pier, Millenium Park, Grant Park, the Lakeshore, and there are a few AMAZING museums right on the lakeshore also. YOu can likely do all of that in 1 day, so I wouldnt worry. What else henry?

4. Sol_Gemma

Sol_Gemma Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOL thank you

I'm not sure what time we might get there, i have seen a flight which leaves gatwick at 9am, so whatever the time difference is, flight time etc.. actually i better check what chicago airport its for :shock:

5. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    it will likely be for O'hare, as its the busiest airport in the world lol. Most international flights into chicago go there............ but midway is ok also, just not as big. I would say you will be coming into O'hare.

6. Sol_Gemma

Sol_Gemma Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    what is ORD, where joe is going?

7. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    ORD is O'hare, best one you want to fly into!!

8. Sol_Gemma

Sol_Gemma Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ooo so perhaps we will meet Joe there! I will check details

9. ACBUD420

ACBUD420 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1. I think my plan is to get there around 10 or 11 Thursday morning. So like I told you before, we'll start drinking nice and early.

2. What Jason said.

3. What Jason said.

4. It's kind of like Cancun. You have to tip. Actually, its a little better than Cancun, because if you don't tip, they'll still serve you, just not as fast.

10. ChadD

ChadD Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Then I'll aim to be there early Thursday as well. we'll all just crab a cab to SAX!!!! If that's where we're still staying?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice