Gay Week discussion

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by jenfleur, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jenfleur

jenfleur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Cancun Gay Week

:? Right..........

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14

I wouldnt worry too much. As far as I know and I may be wrong but "International Gay Week" isn't an officially sanctioned event. It's just something that is promoted among a few websites, in very much the same way as we used to call the middle two weeks of May the "cancuncare reunion" time.

My guess is the numbers participating will be in the order of high tens to low hundreds. When you consider there'll be maybe a hundred thousand people vacationing here at that same time it's not a big deal.

3. Lisa Groves

Lisa Groves Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I would expect every time you go on vacation there is probably a gay person there!!!!

4. CrazyCunuk

CrazyCunuk Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

5. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Was this a serious question?

if so......

Thats hilarious. When is your arrival time??

2. Contrary to what you may think, not every gay man wants to f##k you. Not every gay woman, wants your lady friend.

3. If "gay week" as you put it, starts on the 10th which is the day you leave....... are you so terrified of sharing those few hours before you leave to go to the airport with gay people, that you are considering rescheduling your trip??????? Really?????????

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I think it's a valid point, the fact that in this case it refers to "gay week" perhaps raises a few eyebrows due to the PC issue. Really though, most of us are most comfortable either when we are among people similar to ourselves, or amongst a mix of all types of people.

If any one particular group predominates at a hotel/resort/club or whatever then it tends to make people who dont fit that model feel out of place and imho for most people that doesn't have anything to do with hating, although it is often misconstrued as so.

I know we wouldnt like to be the only couple during "over 60's week", or for that matter "under 20's week". The only non twins during "twins week", the only English during "German week" etc etc. Doesn't mean we hate any of those groups though, just prefer to blend into the crowd like most rather than being the odd ones out.

7. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Well put Steve.

Jamie

8. CrazyCunuk

CrazyCunuk Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve, with all due respect your analogy of faulkster’s remarks is a cop-out.
    It has nothing to do with being politically correct. If you are trying to validate his comments by comparing them to “over 60's week" or “under 20's week is an extremely poor choice of words. While, some may think its about being “PC”, when it so much more then that.

Faulkster’s remarks along with anyone that defends him or agrees with him is why the way the world is today. It promotes hatred, just like if one was to use the “N” word directed at African Americans. There is no differentiating between the two.

Faulkster’s remarks are demeaning comments using, sexual orientation. No matter how you look at it, it is a means of insulting and ignorant. So please dont try and justify it by comparing it to over 60's week.

9. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Regardless of how the question may have offended sensibilities for some people here, it was only a question and he wanted only an answer...not a diatribe about his supposed sexual insecurities. Keep it on the level or keep out.

10. Venom

Venom Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm gonna be there May 5th - May 12th. (If everything goes as planned)

I am going to party my ass off and have fun. I am not concerned in the least bit if there is going to be gay people there. I say.....WHO CARES!!!! party with them!!!

What do you think is going to happen? You think the gay people are going to unite and take you by force or something???? c'mon man!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice