Galenia Hospital - Gynecologist

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by mz_teedee, Feb 23, 2010.

1. KTDLP

KTDLP Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm sure that she is a very nice lady, but facts are facts, and the fact is that she is a doctor at a hospital with one of the highest c-section rates in a country with the third highest c-section rate in the world. My doctor's cesarian rate is in the double digits lower than any doctor at Galenia, which is why I chose him. My point was that even he, with the lower rate, schedules c-sections for women that have already had one. So, to trust that someone with a history of more medical intervention than him will respect your wishes in the throws of labor seems naive.

VBAC is not common in many parts of the world. In the U.S. less than 15% of women that have previously had a c-section later have vaginal birth. VBAC takes a lot of support, and preparation, and more than a doctor that seems open to the idea in a hospital that is obviously not. I am only suggesting that you make informed decisions and not emotional ones when it comes to something as personal as your birth experience.

@Steve. If your wife wanted a c-section, which many women do, she made a very good decision to do so at Galenia. They have more experience with the procedure than most any other hospital. Congratulations on your new addition.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice