Furniture Stores

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Oct 22, 2010.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rob,

My BFF's Bundy and Trina found a nice comfy one at TeleB also. Still comfortable even after their dogs ate it. I guess that is two diamonds in this rough.

Slightly different styles but both are 3 pc L shaped in a similar chocolate milkshake colors. So we can both sleep 2 ppl on our couches. I can phone a friend since I live alone.

2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Thanks, everybody, we haven't closed, yet, so we'll start a survey, today, of what's available, for what money, with a visit to the places recommended. Should be fun.

3. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm also waiting to close on a house in the sm18 over from you V. (At last I got a great deal after 3 years of looking! They are out there, especially now!)

Looking forward to hearing the furniture shopping outcomes and prices...

I reckon a carpenter has to be the way to go for coffee tables and TV units - real wood instead of mdf and cheaper prices.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  4. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey V et al,

SOMETHING ELSE ABOUT HUNTER DOUGLAS:

Approximately every 3 months, Hunter Douglas has a 2-3 week promotion where they knock 30% off their products.

If you need this kind of product, well, if G wants it, check out the store on the corner a block to the right of Pasteleteria Cancun / Needful things building. They are the only honest of the the 3 HD dealers I checked out. The others were in Plaza Nichupte and Plaza las Americas which I recommend avoiding on honesty and financial concerns.

5. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    We've been having some fun, going around, following the suggestions people have been offering and hitting everywhere mentioned. There's still some, like Hunter-Douglas, that we haven't made it to, yet.

The prices are, as we expected, from not too bad to very high.

What's the best way to find out about "moving" sales?

6. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    UPDATE:

I went couch-shopping yesterday. Everything was pretty much as suspected, with a few surprises thrown in there. Here's what I found out...

Dettaglio has good prices right now, but the furniture is hard as a rock (except for 1 couch)

Chapur didn't have much at all, but there were a few halfway decent things at decent prices. Nothing to wow me, though.

Sears probably had the best overall... very attractive, pretty comfortable, some were expensive and others were surprisingly cheap.

Liverpool had beautiful things for more expensive prices. Nothing too overpriced, but definitely a lot more than other places. Most living room sets were between 20,000 and 40,000 pesos. Great if you can afford it :)

My one big surprise was Telebodega at Malecon... TJ was right. They had some very comfortable and attractive things!! I fell in love with one cozy, brown leather living room set, but it was about twice what we were looking to spend. Still not bad, at $24,000 for a couch, loveseat and chair.

We ended up getting a lightly used Liverpool living room set with reclining couches :) A friend was selling it at an amazing price, so we went for it.

7. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gringation. Glad you found something nice and that price seems very fair to me based on all the looking I did. The things TeleB delivered to me were on time, set up where I asked and they hauled off all the packing material. Zero problems to the best of my recollection.

I tipped the guys well but also made sure they gouged nothing walking up a flight of stairs and 3 turns just to get in my door.

8. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V,

There are often offerings in the Novedades Clasificados secion. If you don't want to part with $7 or $8, whatever it is, for a paper, you can view them online. It can be a lot of work unless you have a specific need and can fill it that way. B&T tell me about things from time to time. They have bought a few things this way and I found a nice used flat bed all in one printer/fax/scanner that B turned me on to.

Good luck.

9. CharlesinCancun

CharlesinCancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gringation, that headboard is beautiful!!!!! WOW!!!!

10. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks! Isn't it? Our guy is AWESOME. We should be getting the matching nightstands next week :) Can't wait!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice