Fun Run this Weekend

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Jul 8, 2010.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    All right! Now I see the problem- we're starting too late for you!

The late start is just to make it a little more palatable to those who are coming from a further away than you and I have to

We don't have a full list of participants yet so I can't tell you who might be able to maintain pace for the 5K or so it is from the HI to Ambiance Kin Ha: perhaps Mavsfan could keep pace with you!

Meet us at the HI at 7:30- run your own pace- and you can hold a table for us when you get to the Kin Ha! We'll be there by the time you have your second cup of coffee!

Matkirk- are you paying attention! Here's somebody who can keep pace with you: better plan to join us if you can

The only hill climbs that quickly come to mind Rawkus are the two from Bonampak up to Av Tulum: Coba and Uxmal but you would already know about those

I've been in the baseball stadium when it wasn't being used: talk nice to somebody in one of the stadiums here and I'll be they'd let you run the stairs!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  2. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @V: 6am is only because of work. Some mornings are horrible(have to place my alarm-clock in the kitchen not to turn it off by instinct...), but its all worth it in the end :)

I dont run fast when its distances over 3 K`s, but I do love to do uphill sprints to increase condition.

Ill be there if I manage to push things around for this weekend.

Cant promise anything though...

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,209 / 14
    Mat is in the UK at the moment. As for me, hmm well I've never been able to use the words 'fun' and 'run' in the same sentence. Maybe one day.

4. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve, I am so with you on this. But having a father who is 65 and runs everyday, (he is doing a 15K) this weekend, I feel the need to figure out what the hoopla is all about. This is not my first time giving this a try, but maybe this time I will find the fun.... but I doubt it!!!!
    Still undecided about THIS weekend, but once I move into Centro, I will be able to do this and make it to work on time.

5. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Steve maybe you and I should be in the chase vehicle with the beer!!

6. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Beer for breakfast

CancunFun we can get an event together around beach volleyball one of these days and then we'll need the beer!

"R-2" Tori- you said it yourself

Very convenient to the HZ from where you live!

Leave your place at 7 AM Sunday and you'll get to the HI right on time!

Hope to see you there- all bright eyed and busy tailed!

When we get there we'll sort out who's going to be walking and who's going to be running-walking the 5Ks it is to Kin Ha: anybody who gets tired before reaching Kin Ha can hop on the bus for the remainder of the distance and claim a table for us

7. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No R2 for me..not yet. Still the 27 and it's way to unreliable.

8. kathy_caribe

kathy_caribe Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll be there in spirit. I have 8/13 on the schedule for Sunday but it is also a FULL workday so there is no way I can meet you guys up there. I'll definitely be thinking of you during my run though. Have a great time!

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,209 / 14
    Sounds like a good idea, but 7:30am ..... on a Sunday? :blueshock::blueshock:

Change the am to pm and I might be up for it (the chase vehicle, not the run).

I'll preserve my running stamina for when there's a scary guy behind me with a machete. I can run fast then.

10. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Thanks for your expression of interest Kathy: perhaps you can join us for a run sometime when your visits to Costco coincide with another event!

Meeting Point
    We will rally at the Holiday Inn in the HZ- KM3- at 7:30 AM Sunday: on the bus route this is the first stop after you enter the HZ and telling the bus driver you want off at the HI will usually be all you will need to do not to miss it

Orientation
    We will have a short orientation session to discuss the route and its landmarks: we will find out who wants to walk the route and who wants to walk-run all or part of the distance (approx 5K)

We will establish an intermediate rally point and explain in detail how to get to the Ambiance Kin Ha- KM8- in the event you reach a point where you'd like to finish the route by bus

Transportation
    Those who know Cancun and its transportation system need no assistance with this: for the rest of you there are a number of bus routes which run right into the hotel zone with R-1; R-2; R-15; and R-27 the ones that come quickly to mind

If you're coming from the west part of Cancun you could consider catching any bus that will bring you to Walmart Centro then transfer to a bus running to the HZ for the remainder of the ride (approx 10 minutes); or take a taxi to Walmart then switch to a bus

Questions
    If you have anything you'd like to discuss with me now you can PM me

Notice
    If you are planning to come please PM me to confirm- now- so we will know to expect you: if it is raining at 7 AM tomorrow or rain appears imminent at that hour consider the event automatically canceled

If everyone comes who's expressed interest there should be a mix of walkers and runners so no one needs feel over challenged! Everyone is welcome! You will need to bring money enough for bus fares and breakfast- 120 pesos plus tip

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice