Fun question for locals

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Cancun crazy, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was actually surprised about how patient people in the line seemed to be and that there was very little of that sort of thing (cutting in line) going on, despite the heat (it was still quite sunny and warm during the week between Chrismas and New Years) and the long wait. The Oxxo out front (which is on the side of the parking lot where the line streched out to the street) did really good business that day - even ran low on a number of good drinks that they normally always have.

My only negative recollection from that day wasn't about the people in line, because they (mostly locals) were great as usual, but I have very different opinion about the way the ferry business was being managed. The ticket office was telling everyone that the wait was about 45 minutes (during which you wouldn't even move forward as far as the Oxxo, much less under the shade of the structure) and they refused to refund the tickets of people who discovered the truth after waiting in line for a while. It wasn't until I started offering my tickets for sale to folks that were coming to the ticket office to buy tickets that one of the attendants finally went to get authorization to give me a refund. That experience was one of the very few negative recollections I've ever had from Cancun, I'm happy to say.

Oh - and lastly about going to Isla - DO NOT take the ferry from the Embarcadero (on the western 1/3 of the top of the "seven", near BBG actually). It's way overpriced and takes FOREVER to get to the island. And if there's any chop at all to the water - it's not a fun trip.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice