Fun question for locals

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Cancun crazy, Mar 14, 2007.

1. ELLABEAR424

ELLABEAR424 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Bisquets Obregon??? I remember going to a place when I lived in Cancun and this name rings a bell.
    Help me out here, I remember this place and it was Cream Colored at the time. It was downtown somewhere. It had big windows that faced the street. Seems like I went up 2 or 3 stairs. I ordered an omelette and I got a coffee drink that was like espresso and they poured hot milk in it at my table. I remember the place had fresh pastries up front. I know this sounds crazy but I am having a moment of deja vu. I loved the place and always wanted to return one day.
    Does what I mentioned sound anything like Bisquets Obregon???
    I remember that they had an english menu but I do not remember it being a place for tourists at all.
    I think there were some apartments close by.

oh well, I hope you can help me with this moment I am having. :D
    I was there in 1996 or 1997.

Thanks anyone who knows what I am talking about.

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ellabear, that does sound like Bisquets Obregon, the one located on Nader. The one we take Max to is "new", on Coba near La Costa.

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ella Bear, not only does it sound like Bisquets Obregon, that is exactly what it is. And Canuck is telling you right, that it is on Nader, which is one street east of Tulum in the downtown area. If you come from the Hotel Zone and go right on Nader, it is on the left just past the intersection with Uxmal, which by the way, no one stops at the stop signs. One of the more interesting auto free for alls in town. Another free for all is by Sams, at the intersection of Yaxchilan and Labna. At this 4 way stop I usually just close my eyes and floor it. Quite an adventure. If I were a Cancun cop, I would make my living here.

And, also as Cancuk, aka Kellie, points out, there is also a Bisquets Obregon on Coba, past the Walmart, on the left just before McDonalds, which is at the La Costa intersection.

4. ELLABEAR424

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    YYYEEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Thank you guys. That memory has been with me for so long and I never knew that name of the place that I strolled into one day. I loved that coffee.
    I have had so many Deja Vu moments about that place, even here in the States certain things take me back there. :cry:

Is the one on Nader still in good shape? Maybe I will stop in there, when I visit in June.

EB

5. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I'm getting hungry.

6. ELLABEAR424

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know exactly what you mean. My good buddy in Mexico is a Traffico Policia Supervisor and he would always tell me about the dangers of driving in cancun. His name is Hugo Delgadillo Sanchez, if you know him - tell him Ellie said "HI"!

He lived very close to the Traffic Police Garage. Tall and stood out from a crowd. OK OK let me shut up - I highly doubt that you know him but maybe we are on a roll. lol

7. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Glorietaat Labna is not a 4 way stop I learned that several years ago from Transito. The person/car that is in the circle has the right of way that is what Transito says :roll: And on Nader and Uxmal the stops are for Uxmal they have to yield to the traffic on Nader.
    Bisquets on nader is in good shape we ate breakfast there yesterday.

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes that intersection at Uxmal and Nader is not intuitive because it feels like Uxmal should have the right of way, but traffic on Nader does.

9. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well cunspin, I must partially disagree with you. I am pretty sure that all 4 directions at Yax/Labna have stop signs, making it a 4 way stop. You are totally right that if you are in the circle you have the right of way. It is just that if the traffic is stopped in one direction, the other traffic in the direction to its left and or right, simply blast through the stop signs. So it is pretty hard sometimes to get into the circle to assert that right of way that you are entitled to. Correct me if I am wrong but I am in the US till next Wed. I will then go by that intersection and hunt you down if there are 4 stop signs. LOL!

And Ellie / Ellabear, I seem to have been stopped for something or other by the majority of the traffic cops so I am sure I have seen El SeƱor. I will keep an eye out for him, as I will for more of your posts.

Ciao

10. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ - I was at Uxmal and Nader today, driving to a wake of all things, and I only saw stop signs on Uxmal, not on Nader.

It's not an intuitive intersection, the cars in the circle have the right of way. Then the cars on Nader have preference. And the cars on Uxmal are last. It doesn't feel like it should work that way, but that's what it is.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice