Fun question for locals

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Cancun crazy, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I vote TEMAKY for great restaurants.

2. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Elizabeth ... LOVE your new avatar!!! :D

3. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Janie. I thought I looked much sexier in this avatar as opposed to the other one.

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like your avatar too Liz, but you ARE prettier than your puppy is. I know you think he's the most beautiful being on the planet but...

5. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I also heart Elizabeth's old avatar :)

6. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Monday to Friday; wake up at 5:45 AM and wake up our 3 teenagers, drive first to high school and then to jr. high school (gate close at 6:50 AM)

Then go to Casa Blanca gym for 1 hour and then go to Alianze to do gymnastics from 9 to 10:30 am.

Back home, bathe and begin to work until midnight, As a personal time I take 2 days of the week to sunbathe and swim instead of working.

Saturdays and Sunday always on duty with a lot of teen agers at our house, on the boat, wave runners, knee boarding and all the other stuff.

7. ELLABEAR424

ELLABEAR424 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What is it that you all do for a living?
    I have read that you go to work, but I do not know what it is that you do.

Thanks,
    EB

8. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We own Gray Line Cancun,

9. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kewl.
    Does that mean that there's a discount for those of us here? [Coupon code: CCare]
    (Even better!)

This has actually been a rather informative thread in that I would think that 'places to go' and 'things to do' would (or at least should) be the norm for those living in Cancun.

I hear somewhat the opposite instead.
    What an eye opener.

10. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I teach English as a Second Language at a private school that only teaches English (ie, not a regular school with math and history). I mostly have adults (hotel and restaurant employees) but do have some teenagers. Hubby is the web designer for Royal Resorts. He works from 9 to 6, but because of having to travel to the HZ, he leaves home at 7:30 and returns at 7:30. He is one of the lucky ones though in that he only works Monday to Friday.

In terms of restaurants, our selections are pretty much based on how good their playland is, haha. As much as I am not a fan of McDonald's, we've tried several of them to find the best play area for Max (so far we like the one at Kabah near Davinci and the one on Lopez Portillo near Kabah). Other places that are kid friendly include Bisquets Obregon on Coba, El Porton and Toks. We do order in once or twice a week and our favourites include Tizoncito's and Tortas de Puebla. I think it's funny that now when we order from Tizoncito's we don't even have to give our address, they know Jorge's voice and our order and they just know where to bring it. :D

In terms of doing the touristy stuff, most of us don't have the time or money to do so. We have tried a few tours when family comes to visit, but that's about it. Doing a regular touristy tour would cost us about half of my monthly pay cheque!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice