Fun and sun getaways scam cancun

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by sweetchildomine, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    I googled travel republic after the fun and sun thing went down. It came up hit and miss. Some happy some sad. Clearly not a fun and sun like scam but definitely some unhappy customers due to last minute booking changes. So I paid the extra $ at the time and just went alpharooms. Several months back it was only a small amount difference though.

2. halifaxdan

halifaxdan I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 2
    Travel republic only buy rooms within 10 days before u arrive. If hotel is sold out they ship u to another resort or u pay 20% of total price if u cancel. Imagine a week before u go they call u n tell u Temptation is sold out n u have to go to another hotel? They were way cheaper than Alpharooms but i didn't risk it

3. sweetchildomine

sweetchildomine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    huh, didn't do the checking. I went off of a recommendation through a member on CCC here that uses them all the time when they book. They have been to TTR at least a doz. times.

Then there was another cpl that just went through the same BS with fun and sun as we did, booked through TR and have already traveled responding with no problems. Hope it all works out well for us.

4. sweetchildomine

sweetchildomine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I think that it depends on who TR decides to broker the trip through. We got our reservations stating the 6 digit TTR confirmation code less than 20 mins after we booked. I called TTR once before, just due to being paranoid, and they did confirm the reservation had been paid and we had a confirmed room reservation.

So now I was just paranoid once again and had to reconfirm... all is still good and they said the room is paid and we are all set to travel. even took our request for the 1000block. GOD I LOVE TTR SERVICE!

5. halifaxdan

halifaxdan I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 2
    That's great! I'm happy it worked out for ya

6. Chris&Tammy

Chris&Tammy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    TTR told us they hold the reservation until 7 days pryor for payment. Guessing Travel Republic's 10 day problems were somewhere else. 6 couples booked separetly last January and no problems.................

7. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Thanks everyone. Book it is crazy expensive right now. We have time to look and hope for a decent deal. It needs to be just ok as it is our 25th anniversary. Went to the GP in February.

8. mustanggirl

mustanggirl Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sweetchildomine, thanks for reply. The water has passed under the bridge! F &S posted the credit to my credit card, I called credit card to verify and i'm good to go! We've rebooked thru Funjet, whom we've used several times before. only had to pay a bit more for the room, but at least know we have a room now. Back on the count down to fun... 5/11-5/20! Can't wait!

9. sfxcouple

sfxcouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We traveled with Travel Republic on our Week 8 trip and had a fantastic time. The resort was totally oversold but we got our rooms for two seperate reservations. And as for the only paying 10 days before, I think most places do it like that so I don't think its anything unusual....Either way though, it worked great for us.

10. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    I used CheapCarribean and they were great very helpful and priced well...Payed 1096 pp for 6 nights flight included

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice