Fun and sun getaways scam cancun

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by sweetchildomine, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

Any one yet get a room ?

2. sweetchildomine

sweetchildomine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    okie dokie everyone, here is the letter I just received from the Fl. Dept of Ag. & Cons. Serv. Basically, yes F&S broke the law and were not bonded for losses but the state can't do a thing about it since the bond was out of date. So if you didn't get a refund, or didn't file with your CC, best of luck! not worth another step I don't think but would be fun to see them squirm I bet!!! :aktion033:

RE: Interactive Marketing Solutions LLC

Dear SCOTT ANDREWS

The Florida Seller of Travel Ac, Sections 559.926-559.932, Florida Statutes, requires certain seller of travel to post financial security as part of their registration, prior to operating. This security is intended to benefit consumers injured by the failure of a seller of travel to meet its obligations pursuant to the sale of travel or travel related services.

While INTERACTIVE MARKETING SOLUTIONS LLC was registered as a Seller of Travel with the Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services, as required by Florida law; and they held the security bond from which to draw or make refunds to those individuals who have purchased travel related services from this business. The effective dates of the security bond were 6/10/11-7/10/12, and your date of purchase was 11/12/12, therefore, there are no funds available to make any refunds at this time.

In order to pursue a refund, you may wish to seek private legal counsel, or file an action in small claims court. There is no guarantee you will be able to recover the money you paid to this company.

3. Donald

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    Looks like their going as Beachtripstogo.com now

4. Chris&Tammy

Chris&Tammy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    They probably new that shit all along. Deal in that crap with subcontractors all the time. New logo-same old faces and equipment.....Thankfully for most of us it just cost us a little time and hasstle. Still ended up with one hell of a time.............

5. Donald

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    I feel sorry for the people (December) that are on a budget and had no choice but to rebook at more then double the rate cause their airline tickets were already bought .

There were a few people that were never notified and were heading down , they never reported what happen on check in.

6. mustanggirl

mustanggirl Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am new to Cancuncare, but wanted to respond to your post regarding the Fun and Sun Getaway Scam... I received a phone message from a Beverly at Fun and Sun saying that they were sorry to tell me that our reservation had been cancelled. Another couple and my husband and I had reserved the rooms at Temptations last October 2012 for arrival in May 2013. Now here is it March only 9 weeks away from time to go and they are calling saying we are cancelled. Needless to say, I am pissed!! I first called Temptations to verify again that we had a reservation, they said yes, but they had been cancelled by F&S. (same as we did right after booking it originally just to make sure the reservation went thru as promised)I then called F&S and asked how this happened. I spoke to a CJ and he said the reason for the cancellation was that we booked it as "friends" and if I read the "terms and conditions" I would've seen that this promotion was only for couples, not friends or family members. I asked how in the world that made any difference as the other couple was from another state and even booked it at a different time than I did. He went into some rediculous explanation and I asked to speak to his supervisor. Beverly came on the phone and proceeded to tell me the reason was that I had only paid 1/2 of my amount due. I explained that when I booked it, the person said I could do it either way... pay entire amount right then or pay 1/2 and then they would deduct the other 1/2 in April. Of course I said I'd take the two payment deal. She then said that was why I was cancelled. I told her this was a lie as the other couple going with us had theirs cancelled also and they paid the entire amount up front. Then she changed the the story and said the reason was that they only had so many promotions to offer and they ran out... I asked why they didn't tell me that back in October or November or December, etc. she said they had to advise other people who were going sooner than us that they were also cancelled so they would have time to make other arrangements. I told her that I totally understand now...THEY DOUBLE BOOK THESE PROMOTIONS! She used the example of if they sold 50 of the special offers, the only way they could make sure they would collect for all of them is if they sold more than that because for sure some of the people would cancel. So they must get some kind of kick back or something and they are wanting to make sure all of the promotions are actually filled. I said that's fine for them but what about the consumer??? We've purchased plane tickets that will cost us at least $200 to change or cancel and also the airport to hotel transfer that I'm not sure how much we'll be out of that if we cancel. The only thing she would say was "I'm sorry and I understand how you feel"... NO, she doesn't understand how I feel because she has her entire "50" sold and I am out of a vacation! I've asked to get a phone call back from her supervisor, but have not received anything at all from them yet. I mainly wanted to let people know if they booked with these Bozos you need to call them and make sure you really do have a reservation waiting for you... I'm still working on trying to get there in May, but not quite sure how it's going to work out.
    I guess as someone earlier said, "if it looks/sounds too good to be true, it probably is"... No truer words are spoken.
    If anyone out there has any suggestions what to do now, I'd appreciate any feedback.
    Thanks!

7. sweetchildomine

sweetchildomine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    mustanggirl, consider it water under the bridge. I have wasted enough time on this to kill an army of mere boredom. The gist of it is that they did break the law and they are in the wrong according to Florida state, but there is no money left for damages/claims because they did not have their bonds secured according to law after the above said dates in a previous post I made. The only way to seek any kind of compensation at this point is going through an attorney or small claims court. Sorry about all the troubles!

To help you out in finding your way to TTR in May I would suggest following some of the threads on here for the cheapest rates and going with one of them that are trusted amongst the people that have used them several times. Just a few are......
    -travelrepublic.com
    -bookit.com

8. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Wow, thanks. travelrepublic rooms for TTR in June are much less expensvie that other sites to include alpharooms. For 8 nights, 1200 compared to 1600 or more. That will make swallowing the airfare a bit easier. Thanks again.

9. halifaxdan

halifaxdan I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 2
    Google travel republic, you definitely won't use them once u do

10. HarborNut58

HarborNut58 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We used BookIt for our travel over Labor Day. Price came to $1110.00 for 7 nights and I have already confirmed my reservation with TTR. :mnm:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice