Fun and sun getaways scam cancun

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by sweetchildomine, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Beach_Lovers

Beach_Lovers Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anyone that purchased this deal not gotten screwed by F&S and been able to use the deal as it was purchased?

We purchased this deal for $99 a night at the end of Sept 2012 for travel 1/1/-1/26/13. I've called and confirmed our reservation twice. After I got off the phone yesterday another friend following this thread asks me if I asked if it was paid. Duh, no I didn't and of course phone rang busy tonight and reservations at T is closed today so need to call in again tomorrow.

If it works out this will be our 3rd time at T.
    Dates this year 1/18-1/26/13. I did ask when booking through F&S & was told didn't have to view timeshare.
    Previous trips:

approx same dates for 2012 (except a week). We purchased a members timeshare nights but then had to purchase the all inclusive (as their timeshare deal didn't have it). This gives you the member band/benefits, and the service is better than the normal. This way worked out just slightly higher than the going rate at the time but worth it.

approx same dates 2011 (except 5 nights). We also purchased a deal but cannot remember which agency it was purchased through. It was a 3 night deal for a steal, then we added 2 extra nights at the going rate. Timeshare had to be viewed for the deal.

2. constructoman

constructoman Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    Can't believe there are still un-notified people out there.

4. sweetchildomine

sweetchildomine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Well hopefully we will find out wether or not what F&S is doing is illegal inany way according to Fl. State laws. We submitted a roughly 30pg. report and affidavit to dept of consumer service, including phone records, email copies, purchase agreements, web page shots, conversation transcripts, and many more items. They said it could take anywhere from 60-90days to conclude their findings, so we still got about 30-60 till we hear. Will keep you all posted as we know. Otherwise look at some of the earlier posts I put up for links on how to file on your own to ensure that F&S doesn't do this to more people.

Part of the other problem people have in researching this is that the company's actual name is IMS Vacations, not F&S.

5. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Yeah. Truly amazing. Proves even more that it is a scam. They never had any intention of calling everyone. They want you to be in a position of weakness with no other option but to pay their inflated rate or switch to another less desirable hotel at that rate. Just horrible.

All of you wondering should really call the hotel to determine if the trip has been paid for. If not and I would be shocked if it was paid for, then I would call fun n sun and be prepared with the info on this thread. At this point I would not take no for an answer if I were you since they never called you and this has been known for months. Sadly that likely wont work and you will have to book via other options. What a scam company.

6. Beautiflo

Beautiflo Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    They scammed me also, but I did get all of my money back.

7. Beautiflo

Beautiflo Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    The owner called me after I threatened to sue the company. His cell # is <removed by Steve please contact Beautiflo if you need the number>. He said he was going to Fed Ex a refund check to me. It got to my home the next day. I told him I didn't appreciate his scam and hoped that his business would fail.

I'm now booked via Orbitz and will be there in about 12 hrs.

8. Prtcupl

Prtcupl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Scott, was hoping you could help us out. We mailed our records the other day and have to email some soon. We spent about two weeks tracking down phone records and came up blank on all calls to f&s and TTR. We must have been calling toll-free the whole time. Any ideas how we can get ahold of these records?

On another note, was doing some checking on BBB complaint yesterday and somehow stumbled on a page that said "Our files show this company is no longer in business. If you have unresolved issues with this company we suggest you seek legal advice." Curiosity got the best of me so I called the number we have been using to contact them and it still works.

9. sweetchildomine

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    INTERESTING... I guess I may have to place a call to the BBB and inform them that they are indeed still in business. It is nothing that couldn't be resolved in that aspect. I figure they just had a rep from the company call the BBB and say that they were out of business. That way it would appear as though if someone is doing the research and trying to find any problems they see complaints against a company that is no longer in business, so that logistically could not be the same one they are booking through, when in fact it would be.

As far as the phone records go, did you make all of your calls from the home/land line, or a cell? All of my calls were from my cell so the records were very easy to obtain. Even if you call toll-free the 1-800 number will still show as incoming/outgoing on the bill or record and a duration of time talked. I am not sure as how it will pan out for a land line. I do know that from previous troubles that trying to acquire land line documents is almost as hard as passing something through congress. I have heard from a few lawyers that trying to obtain a phone record would need a subpena from a judge that says they need it for something of the sorts like a murder case.

My best suggestion would be to email a manager from the phone company, at the regional level, about your issue. Explain your needs and that if it would help them, you could narrow it down to a certain date range and also only need the incoming and outgoing calls from a certain number(s). If they are willing to do so, you will need it to also have a letter head from the phone company stating that it is a document from them or the companies logo at the top of each page for reference.

10. sweetchildomine

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    newest update

I just got a letter from the Fl. dept of consumer services stating that thye have had no response from Fun & Sun into the allegations after they sent them a certified copy, TWICE, of the affidavit I had filed against them. There however is no statute that states that they have to reply. There are going to send another letter asking for their response into the matter and see what happens.

I still do not know if what they have done is illegal by any means! Will keep you posted!

Scott

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice