Full body scanners, yes or no?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Bart/Annette, Oct 12, 2010.

1. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    I would really hate to think that after 911 you would think Canadians are blissfully naive and unaffected after 911. If it could happen in NY etc it could happen anywhere Believe me Canadians are aware, concerned and not for one moment were we unaffected.
    d

2. Brewster

Brewster I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Canada is "on the list" of Al Qaeda's target nations.

Our Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) has intervened in several planned domestic terrorist plots. Fortunately, none have come to fruition to date. But we are on constant vigilance.

Our major airports have the body scanners and we go through the same security checks as Americans.

It is extremely irritating that these idiots have deeply affected our freedom and our way of life. The cost of additional security is astronomical. I’m sure that that is exactly what they hope for.

3. jeff & deb

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    Bills comment really pissed me off, he/she/they should really check their intelligence.. or lack of.

4. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    guys... I suspect BillS comment was probably a typo and not intended to insult.

As for being naive I'm not sure he's too far off the mark. At least in Toronto there is a feeling that "we're Canadian everyone loves us".

Maybe things are different in Alberta but in Ontario we've got our heads in the sand. Even after the Toronto 18 people still don't believe that we're a target.

5. jeff & deb

Ratings:
    +50 / 0

Ha.. the good hearted Canadian that I am ... I will take your word that it was a typo.
    Canadians were well loved, but they should give their heads a shake, I'm not sure its true today.. I think we think that we can do no wrong... "everybody loves a canadian" but I honestly think those days are numbered. We've taken advantage of a reputation others have made for us.

6. rdubnpk

rdubnpk Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    We have here people who have attended nudist resorts in the past and people who go to TTR and subathe topless and in thong bikini bottoms worried about being scoped at an airport terminal. Is there something a little incongruous to that??? (In no way is this statement a negative comment on those who go to nudist resorts or women who sunbathe topless and in thong bikini bottoms at TTR, God bless them!!)

7. BillS

BillS Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    JeffnDeb, My comment was not a typo. You either took the comment personally (I did write " Can I respectfully submit...") or the comment "hit home" with you. The point, directed to a fellow Canadian on this site who objects to the tougher security measures, is that Canadians have not (fortunately) yet been subjected to a large, succesful attack. We have. So has Israel. Such attacks are gamechangers. I am glad for you all that Canada is not nearly as threatened as we are (we Americans all realize we bring at least some of this on ourselves with our foreign policy mistakes). The plain fact is terrorists are absolutely consumed with attacking the US and New York city in particular. In fact, over 20 organized, large scale attacks like 9-11 have been either prevented or narrowly averted (through blind luck) towards the US SINCE SEPT 11, 2001. Most Americans have forgotten about the large number of these threats. I haven't. I am paid not to, though. Please read my comments carefully and objectively with "feelings" removed. Also, a naturalized Muslim was just arrested for conspiring to blow up a CHRSITMAS TREE LIGHTING CEREMONY in Portland, Oregon. There are literally thousands of "naturalized" Muslim citizens here in the US now...Principally in Detroit, MI who are also sympathetic to Jihad...This is not the time to decrease security measures everywhere. It is time to increase them.

8. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do I have a show for you Life!!
    Conspiracy Theory On truTV

9. David & Rhonda

David & Rhonda Regular Registered Member

Split time between Beaumont, Texas and Pineville,
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Year to date statistics on Airport screening from the Department of Homeland Security:

Terrorist Plots Discovered 0
    Transvestites 133
    Hernia's 1,485
    Hemorrhoid Cases 3,172
    Enlarged Prostates 8,249
    Breast Implants 59,350
    Natural Blondes 3

10. David & Rhonda

David & Rhonda Regular Registered Member

Split time between Beaumont, Texas and Pineville,
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I don't have a problem getting scanned.. Rather that than be on a plane with a bomb...Would rather see every airport with a device you walk through that says
    " Please step through this machine.. It will detonate any explosive devices you may have on your person.. Thank you for flying with us today. "

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice