Full body scanners, yes or no?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Bart/Annette, Oct 12, 2010.

1. logic7

logic7 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    I'm just waiting for the moment nude-ish body scanner pics hit the web. There will be hell to pay for the TSA and every other organization that uses these things.

2. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

*L*.. sorry.. the funny part didn't come through *L*..

3. LabradorCouple2732

LabradorCouple2732 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Like I said, I am not very good at the funny part...I am pretty dry!

4. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    *L*.. no.. it's text.. it never lets any of that stuff through.

5. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Found this pic on lolsnaps.com... I think it comically illustrates my view pretty well... the view that at this point we've let the terrorist's win by changing the way we live our lives too much...

[​IMG]

6. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think after yesterday's travel day it shows that most people aren't going to make a big deal about it.

7. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think it shows most people are not in the position that they can afford to purchase a plane ticket and then risk missing their flight in protest, not that they agree with what's going on and further that given only two options people would rather be seen naked by a government official than grouped by one if there is no other way they will be allowed to take their flight... which is pretty much what the TSA was counting on... give people a bad option or a really bad one that makes the other seem more acceptable...

My concerns are more based on where this will lead as more and more privacies and rights are given up, not because I give a hoot who sees "my junk"... it won't be long before we see these at schools where children will have to be naked scanned every day, indoctrinating them into the idea that they have no rights to any privacy at all.... and that's something that no amount of security is worth IMHO.

8. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your rights are are still fully intact. No one is telling you you have to fly. The option is always yours. But IF you choose to fly you have to follow the new rules.

If you go to a nightclub you may get frisked also. Apply for certain jobs you will have someone looking into your background. Want a loan? The bank will most likely look into your financial history.

ALL invasions of privacy but in certain situations they are deemed needed and are acceptable.

9. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0

Not sure about the acceptable part, I think we are just left with no choice

10. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is another issue we're just not going to agree on 4biddenpleasrs. When I first heard about these things I didn't give them much thought, and if you'll read my first post it was pretty caviler about it, but as I thought about it more, it really bothers me how much we've given up since 9/11 in the way of the rights in the US in the name of security, and these scanners exemplify the way I feel.. that now the government has the right to strip you naked (virtually as it were) at will, and very few people are resisting. We've just become complacent in allowing the government to demand whatever they want of us.. hold people without trials, charges, or lawyers.. sure.. no problem... warrant-less wiretapping, searches, and detention of Americans'.. ok why not.... see our kids and wives naked when they go the airport, courthouse, or anywhere else... okey dokie.... implant mind control devices in our brains to keep us straight... OK... :aktion061:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2010
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice