Frontier Airlines

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by The Original G Spots, Dec 25, 2019.

1. The Original G Spots

The Original G Spots Baby G & Craig G Registered Member

Ratings:
    +215 / 0
    Thanks everyone for your replies.

2. candens

candens Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    We leave out of St. Louis and have never experienced any problems - maybe getting a late start by 30 min or so - but last July (over the 4th) we did a split stay between Desire Pearl and RM. We were supposed to depart on Sunday at 1:30 or so. We got to the airport with an hour to spare - watched the US ladies win the World Cup in that bar in the food court - got to the terminal and at 1:30ish they came on the speaker and said the plane was experiencing a mechanical issue. This went on until about 4:00 when they said the flight was cancelled. Since Frontier only flies a few planes - they said the next plane could not be there until tomorrow (Yeah people freaked - I felt really sorry for the people working the little desk - people were outright yelling). So after a while sitting around (the flight was full) they took us on buses to an all-inclusive in Cancun (I think it was the Occidental Cancun). We travel super light (carry-on) and with no kids - obviously : ), we were on the first bus which got there around 8:00. We actually got a very nice room - like a suite with an ocean view (but it was dark by then). We had to be in the lobby at 6:00 a.m. and the plane took off at 9:00 so we were super worried about oversleeping.

The good was Frontier actually did a nice job with a bad situation - it just took FOREVER. Also, with Frontier being a cheap airline I thought they were either going to make us sleep in the airport or get us a cot at the local YMCA - but the resort was beyond legit. Also, they told us when we arrived that alcohol was not included, but upon check-in, they were offering beer, etc. and we did our fair share of drinking before bed. Also, we liked seeing another resort. We stayed once at Excellence PM years ago and have since stayed at Temptation and Desire - we forgot how sucky and boring other resorts are. The only night life was karaoke and that ended around 11:00 (should have ended after 2 min.) and the place shut down - I mean everything shut down - we could not even find an open bar.

The bad - besides losing a vacation day from work, I asked the people at the desk, nicely, does this happen often. They just smiled and said “maybe”. FYI: They also seemed to have this routine down!

Lastly - one of our favorite memories were when we were standing around in the hotel waiting for check-in, people were sharing stories of their vacay. My wife and I were going to make up a resort but this woman was loudly talking about partying at Breathless RM and my wife quietly says: that place looked really nice but a little quiet for us, we were staying next door at Desire. The woman looked disgusted and later at dinner we saw her talking shit about us to her friends - we loved it! (This was like a mini trip report!)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  3. The Original G Spots

The Original G Spots Baby G & Craig G Registered Member

Ratings:
    +215 / 0
    Since I'm deciding on coming back 2 TTR 4 Halloween I'll probably b taking Frontier airlines from EWR then.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice