From Dos Playas Hotel is they a bus that take to beach?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Newtraveler, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Newtraveler

Newtraveler Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Im just looking at photos of the Hotel which im booked for and its the Dos Playas Hotel in Cancun, however from what ive read the location is near the rocky end and the waves are not as good if any. Therefore I am wondering if they are ways to get to a nicer part of the beach more eastwards where I can experience the beautiful beach and waves like you see on the travel brouchers. Does a bus run down the road and is they a place I can get off then enter the beach? from what ive been told they are no entry points because your surrounded by hotels and they will not allow you through their property. Ive booked Cancun specifically for the beaches and would love to relax on the beach. My first Holiday any advice appreciated, thanks

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Yes, the buses run 24/7 and are only around 65 cents each way! There is a VERY nice public beach access around KM17 I belive, just past the Omni hotel which will be on your left hand side of the road. Others might have a better location, but this public beach access is beautiful and easy place to find!

3. Newtraveler

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, What bus do I need to get to the KM17 Beach near Omni Hotel? how do I let the bus driver know and more importantly how do I get back to my hotel what bus do I take? I looked on google earth and it looks fantastic, I appreciate the help, Thanks buddy

4. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    any bus heading that way! I would likely take the bus to the omni, get off there and walk down! Not a long walk, but like I said, you can take the bus also. Someone else will be able to help you with the exact name and KM of the public beach access there, its actually in beside the Hilton I believe, just a few hotels down from the omni!

5. Newtraveler

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Thanks, Do you know how much the prices of bottles 2 litre water is in Walmart in Cancun? I think im going to have to buy beans and groceries from walmart, do they do cooked chickens or have a ready to eat deli counter? thanks for the message, you been a great help :D

6. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Water is super cheap, I dont remember how much it was but not much at ALL!! There is a store right beside the dos playas, you can get water, pop, beer, food, what ever. But more like snacks, not so much food to cook!

7. Newtraveler

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :D OH fantastic, I drink loads of water, do you know if the Walmart do roast chickent already cooked? or anywhere nearby? for a reasonable price also, p.s. what currency do the walmart in Cancun take, is it dollars or Pesos, bearing in mind im from UK

8. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Honestly in all my visits to cancun, I have never been to the Walmart, I have had no need! I always stay all inclusive, but I am sure someone will help you out there. Anyways, they likely take usd and pesos, but you would be smart to just use pesos!

9. Newtraveler

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with the community, much appreciated, God bless :D

10. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice