Friday the 13th...and everyones gone

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by mitchellfam, Apr 13, 2007.

1. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :clap:

I must watch! :D

2. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The only link to Christians is that the Knight Templars were mass murdered on Friday the 13th.

3. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    interesting...looked it up on Wikipedia:

The success of the Templars was tied closely to the success of the Crusades. When the Holy Land was lost and the Templars suffered crushing defeats, support for the Order's existence faltered. Rumours about the Templars' secret initiation ceremony caused mistrust, and King Philip IV of France, deeply in debt to the Order, began pressuring Pope Clement V to take action. Things came to a head on Friday, October 13, 1307, when King Philip caused many of the Order's members in France to be arrested, tortured into "confessions", and burned at the stake.[5] In 1312, Pope Clement, under further pressure from King Philip, forcibly disbanded the entire Order. The sudden disappearance of a major part of the European infrastructure gave rise to speculation and legends, which have kept the name "Templar" alive in modern fiction.

4. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    also found this (because in the information about the Templars, it says that it is false that their slaughter was the beginning of Friday the 13th)

A Friday occurring on the 13th day of any month is considered to be a day of bad luck in English, German, Polish and Portuguese-speaking cultures around the globe. Similar superstitions exist in some other traditions. In Greece or Spain, for example, Tuesday the 13th takes the same role. The fear of Friday the 13th is called paraskavedekatriaphobia (a word that is derived from the concatenation of the Greek words Παρασκευή, δεκατρείς, and φοβία, meaning Friday, thirteen, and phobia respectively; alternate spellings include paraskevodekatriaphobia or paraskevidekatriaphobia) or friggatriskaidekaphobia, and is a specialized form of triskaidekaphobia, a phobia (fear) of the number thirteen

5. Currrrvy-on-crack

Currrrvy-on-crack Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like the Friday the 13th where Jason's mum's head sits on a table! It's the best one!!

6. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As with most urban legends, there is one solid origin. Every part of the story is retro-fit to make things interesting to pass on from one person to another. Check out the study of memetics, how and why some ideas die out and others spread for generations like genes.

7. rice

rice I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    but i thought you only eat pizza..

8. rice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

i saw that movie before, i like nightmare on elm street, especially every time when the little girls started to singing a song at the end of the movies.. which is freaking.. ah, i love horror movies but i just cant watch it alone.. my sis is the brave one, recently silent hills becomes my favorite, saw it 4 times already. why am i talking about horror movies now.. it's the best day to watch these kind of movies. especially, we dont have any sun today and very chilly..

9. rice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    did u guys ever try the bloody mary, candy man, or sharp an apple infront of the mirror during 12am and light two candles? i wonder if those are true or not..

10. Nerd Dawg

Nerd Dawg I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    no, i eat everything

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice