Free Transfer Promo...

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by WestHoustonCouple, Nov 20, 2020.

1. WestHoustonCouple

WestHoustonCouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    We've always used USA Transfers for our last 2 dozen trips to Cancun. Awesome service.
    But our next month's booking from Temptation has a promo:
    FREE ONE-WAY, AIRPORT-TO-HOTEL TRANSFER FOR 2 ADULTS
    (TRAVELING TOGETHER REQUIRED)

We've emailed & messaged resort twice this past week, with no reply.
    Does anyone know which transport company the resort use?
    As good as USA Transfers?
    Is it worth the hassle, or just go ahead & book USA Transfers for roundtrip transfer & be done with it?
    Thanks,

2. txcpl1129

txcpl1129 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +993 / 0
  3. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,165 / 7
    They use USA

4. Len from the Floor

Len from the Floor Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +556 / 3
    They use USA. When booked thru the hotel my understanding is that you get an Escalade instead of the standard vehicle USA uses. That makes no difference to me normally - I book thru Steve's link as it is cheaper and it helps him too. But if the resort is throwing it for free, you can't beat that.

5. WestHoustonCouple

Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    Awesome.
    Thanks for the replies.
    Great to see that resort is using USA Transfers, so now we only have to book one-way trip back to the airport thru USA.
    Yes, we always use USA thru this Steve's link. Last time we used USA in late Aug, they had large SUV/Suburban that the driver said they've been using for repeat customers who've indicated so on the reservation...
    Thanks,

6. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Validation for S-Steve. Yes, USA Transfers has been the contractedtransfer shuttle provider for Original for a while now. I think the guy who owns it is Steve's friend?

Just a little bit of good 'ol boy backroom business dealing never hurt nobody.

One thing to note when booking "through" the resort instead of dealing direct with USA is that they automatically uptilt the quality of the ride when you book it through the hotel, i.e. a Lincoln Navigator or some such instead of the usual Van. Ride cost (when not under a free promo) is about $20 more expensive to cover this. They just don't offer an option to go basic and save a few bucks.

7. WestHoustonCouple

Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    Great.
    We've ALWAYS received awesome service from USA Transfers for our past 2 dozen reservations.
    Just making sure since the only One time that we didn't use USA was from another resort that offered the same free One-way transport from airport to hotel; we arrived at airport, they contact resort, they said to wait 45 minutes for their shuttle to arrive at airport for pick-up. We said screw it, turn to USA & book our round trip transfers right there. On van & departed 5 minutes later. Awesome.
    Now we always make sure it's USA...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    As above, the Resort have been using USA for a while now.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that there is an arrivals/departures screen in the lobby - similar to airports. If you're leaving you can see if your driver is on his way, and if you're waiting for friends then you can see how far out they are.

USA is certainly the most technologically advanced among all the transfer companies - with their app and in-vehicle wifi that they have had for a few years now.

Thanks for using my link (in the past) :)

USA have a certain amount of luxury vehicles (Escalades I think) and if they have one sitting idle then they use it for regular pickups at no extra charge. Great customer service!

Although the owner tells me they had a few bad reviews from people who were picked up in an upgraded vehicle as a free upgrade on arrival, but had the regular van they had paid for on their return. They weren't happy about that.

Some people!

9. midwestcpl

midwestcpl Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 1
    We booked the transportation, assume USA Transfers, through the Resort, but have not received any communication or voucher about pick up/drop off times or anything? We arrive in 6 days, so Im getting nervous. I emailed the resort, so hopefully I hear back from them soonish, but sometimes that takes a while. Does anyone know the process when booking transport through the resort?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice