Free Calls to the USA & Canada

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by whdream, May 23, 2007.

1. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ummm Spam or not spam?

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    He's posting from Mexico and it is just one more way to call home. He doesn't feature a website in his profile...

I figure if this is the only post of its sort by josecva I would let it slide until Steve takes a look at it. Does smell a bit like spam, tho.

3. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wasn't sure MF.. :lol:

4. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Call me "M" :wink:

5. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Spam.

6. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    mm where did that stuff come from!

Michael you will be lucky I don't call you something else!! LOL :lol:

7. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you type the 'word' "WHOIS" into Google you'll get a few (billion) pages of web registrars (the people you buy your web site's name from).
    Select any of them and enter a domain name, such as 'cancuncare.com' and you get (in the case of cancuncare)...

Edited out by mod. All good intentioned :wink:

...What you can tell from the report that I ran on the top post is that the owner of ibusinessdot.com is also the same inividual that owns freewebsites.com, and if you browse freewebsites.com, you'll see that they are not a content provider, but rather just a a server domain - meaning they rent space (or in this instance - give space) to anyone that wants to put up a website. A 'real' organization will always buy it's own domain name, not use someone else's, so the top post is undoubtedly a spammer trolling around to see if he/she can catch anyone unaware (which many times they do) and dissapear with some of the unwary person's money before anyone can catch up.

PS Note that the name of the owner of the domain server is also a fabrication ('Dan Freewebsites'). This indicates that the server owner also plans on being able to dissapear sometime soon if they need to. You want to stay 100 miles away from an operation like this.

8. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    right ..Thanks for explaining..Will keep my eyes peeled for the next one :shock:

9. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Awright, then hows about we delete the post and both WHOIS references. Am sure Steve wouldn't be too keen with seeing one of his home addresses shown to the world... :wink:

10. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    your call MOD Michael, I don't have the authority on this neck of the woods hee he

Thanks for the info !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice