Forum Techy Probs....

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Ian, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    I experenced the slowdown between 5 and 6 PM MT last night (4/3). If you guys keep track of when you have problems and list them then that will help Steve with the hosting service track the root cause.

Jamie

2. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Daily, mainly between five and twenty to five and a quarter to eight, however all seems hunky dory now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ian :lol: :lol:

3. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Seriously.

Is it just me or anyone else having problems again.

Several times in the last two hours the site has timed out anad I get the standard

' The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
    If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
    If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
    click Detect Network Settings
    Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
    If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
    Click the Back button to try another link

I dont seem to be having probs with other forums / sites running at the same time and have had ths occur on Cancuncare using different browsers.

Ian :idea: :idea:

4. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    I know I am and I supect several others are since there are so many double posts. Steve may have to check this out with his new provider when he gets back from vacation.

I'm supecting that it's a bandwidth problem getting to the hosting server that times us out but that's just a guess. And it happens at all times of the day.

Jamie

5. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cheers Jamie, just thought I'd bring it up to see who / if anyone else had probs.

Ian :lol:

6. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I haven't had any problems until the last few days ... very slow for me, too :(

7. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've had problems the past 3 or so days. I've noticed the problems at all hours, not just certain hours. Something is definently different now than before as it even has started to effect my ability to post replys and return to the board timely. Sometimes I have to post twice and delete the 2nd one just to get the darn thing to post at all.....The computer just sits there in limbo until I repost.

Michelle

8. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    strange i havent had any issues with any of my work or home computers, tend to come on here during the day UK time!

9. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    exact same problem for me!

10. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    T'was driving me up the wall yesterday so I emailed Steve to alert him.

Ian :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice