For those switching reservations to TTR...

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by cancunfirsts, May 6, 2014.

1. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    I don't know why people think of TTR as a non-stop frat-style party. It can seem that way if you only stay at the Sexy Pool swim-up bar all day every day, but generally it's laid back, and the party vibe ebbs and swells throughout the day. it's easy to take a break if that's what you want. If you just want to volume down a bit, go down to the beach. If you really want to chill, go to the Quiet Pool. If you want to just watch people have goofy fun, stay at the Sexy Pool, just stay a bit farther out of the maelstrom of the Swim Up bar. Simple.

Distance from the center increases the "chill" keep that in mind. No need to be full tilt boogie balls out upside down shots all day long.

2. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
  3. Jess N Paul

Jess N Paul I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 0
    Participate to varying degrees....MORE AND MORE AND MORE. Ha. Have you booked yet!!!!!!!! Bling Bling

4. RayParis6

RayParis6 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Do u know how much a day pass is at Desire?

5. Beachaholic

Beachaholic Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How easy is it to get to one of the more beautiful beaches that are near GOV from TTR? Also, Is it worth it to upgrade to a Jacuzzi suite? I was told the jacuzzi suites are on the 1st and 2nd floor and face the pool. Does that mean it will be really noisy?

6. girlfortony

girlfortony Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    You can't get a day pass to Desire. But if you are at Desire Pearl, you can visit Desire RM and vice versa. At least it was that way last year.

7. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    The jacuzzi rooms are on the 1st floor around the quiet pool so not noisy at all. They are away from the sexy pool and the advantage is definitely the quiet when you need your sleep! Jacuzzi suites are on the end facing the beach around the quiet pool. They are much more money but amazing view. We have upgraded on site to a jacuzzi room for $50 a night and to a suite for $75 a night but have heard of it being more such as $100 room or $200 suite.

8. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    It has changed. We visit Pearl on Saturday for a week. They now sadly charge $150 to visit one Desire when staying at the other. I believe this started in late March. Apparently this is negotiable if you ask the right person and push hard but not sure how long that will last as the policy becomes more official.

9. IDareU

IDareU Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    Very easy - walk out the front door of TTR and cross the street. Find a bus-stop, wait and eyeball the driver as buses come every 2-5 minutes. He will stop. Hop on the bus and take it down to the Hotel Zone area near Coco Bongo's or you can go further out.

Bus is like 10-pesos per person but they gladly will take $1 US.

Playa Tortugas @ 6km is very nice - You enter it next to Fat Tuesday's, water is deeper so its good for swimming.

Then just walk the beach back to TTR until you get tired of the sun & beach - hop a bus or cab back. All beaches are public so you can walk in front of all the resorts.

10. Beachaholic

Beachaholic Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I chatted a rep from TTR and they said the Jacuzzi Rooms have a jacuzzi on the terrace/balcony and are on the 1st and 2nd floors. They are $108 to upgrade to. The Temptation rooms also have the jacuzzi on the terrace/balcony and one in the room. They are $168 to upgrade to. Are these the rooms that you are talking about? She said the jacuzzi rooms face the pool. So is it the Temptation rooms that face the beach? Just trying to make sense of it so I can decide on a room.

Also, does anyone have any experience with using a Groupon there? They are offering one now and for the price it seems like a great deal. And then I can upgrade later. I think with my husbands Desire to go, easy access to more beautiful beaches, water sports on site, the price and of course the sexy vibe, I am ready to take the plunge and give it a try. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice