For those switching reservations to TTR...

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by cancunfirsts, May 6, 2014.

1. cancunfirsts

cancunfirsts Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Any idea if it is less rowdy at TTR during the "slower season"? We had reservations for GOV in late September and we were excited for the sexy entertainment and topless optional but not the rowdy in-your-face partying. GOV seemed the perfect fit but now that fit is gone. Could we make our own not-so-rowdy party at TTR so that we could still enjoy some naughty adult behavior but not have frat party nonstop action? Thoughts and feedback appreciated. Didn't want to post on the TTR page as some of the diehards there who don't represent the masses are quite brutal.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

2. Matt_Diana

Matt_Diana Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Honestly Temp can be as crazy or as laid back as you want, I wouldn't worry about it. Just setup shop at the quiet pool during the day and skip out of PatyO by 11pm and you'll be fine ;)

3. GandC

GandC Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +286 / 0
    We were there in July last year. We're not (usually) the loud, crazy in your face party people, but we do like to have a good time. We had a lot of laughs and a lot of fun last year and are willing to do it again. We met a lot of fun people last year and had some great stories to bring home.

We love the beach and that's why we booked GOV. The atmosphere didn't seem as wild, but sometimes chilling is as important as unwinding.

4. lynnshaun

lynnshaun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Hang out by the quiet pool if you want an atmosphere without the frat party....although you can still see some x-rated sights hanging by the quiet pool!

5. bryane40

bryane40 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We booked Gov for the same reason, a little more chill and a nicer beach. But I have always wanted to go to TTR also. We would have changed to TTR, but we are arriving 10 days, TTR is booked solid for both week ends we are there. I am sure we will have a fun time at GOV. Hopefully, other CCC members will be raging at the GOV also.

6. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    I think by reading this board you can get a really exaggerated idea of how crazy TTR really is. Remember, we are the die-hards, but the majority of guests there any given time have never heard of this site, booked through Orbitz, etc. because the price is right, and are just there to relax and have fun.

The "frat party" usually gets going late afternoon at the sexy pool. But the quiet pool and beach are chill all day.

At night, PatyO's has clusters--the laid back people find each other, and the crazies also find each other--but everyone respects the others' space. People aren't going to be in your face demanding you participate or making you uncomfortable. People really respect each other's comfort levels.

I was there once in early October, and TTR was no wilder than any family all-inclusive we've been to in Mexico.

7. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    We grew sick of TTR a couple years ago........but went to see friends. GOV looked to be a great alternative...........but finally after all the BS ......decided to go to Desire Pearl!

We are sooooooo past USA vs Canahhhhhhhhhhhhduhhhhhh!

8. girlfortony

girlfortony Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Been to TTR many times but mostly when it was BBG. We were spoiled by Desire RM's beautiful beach and laid back atmosphere. We chose GOV this year to be close to the downtown, beautiful beach and adults only. luckily several friends are going too so we are ready for the adventure!!
    Come on May 17th!!!!!!!!

9. girlfortony

girlfortony Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Pearl is nice, we went for a tour one day when we were staying at Desire RM last year. You know you can visit each resort if you are staying at one. the rooms looked nicer, but I liked RM better, of course they are both great just out of our budget this year.

10. bryane40

bryane40 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for all of the information you give us on this site. You are really spot on. When we booked back in December, we thought GOV would be closer to TTR and also thought the new concept would lure more CCC members. With Valentina's response on face book tonight, I think we will still have a great vacation.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice