For the ladies ... first time topless/nervous?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by NeedTheSunNow!, Jun 10, 2008.

1. NeedTheSunNow!

NeedTheSunNow! Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    LOL - thanks. I'm such a head case about this. If my husband hadn't tossed down that "you could go topless" thing, I'd have probably gotten there, looked around, had a few drinks, get to talking to one of you confident ladies and the rest would be history. Instead, I started obsessing about it 7 weeks in advance. :)

2. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My excuse - I'm a mod, I have to read it :D

7 weeks? You need a countdown in your signature.

3. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    I should probably show Stew this thread! HA!

Well, umm, Naomi, thanks for the compliment - I'm blushing a bit. I think you are going to fit into the resort action just fine.

Here's a few thoughts to what you've said:

1) Walking around: Well, it's funny, I would bet the other women here will back me up on this, but I think this is just something you get used to over time. My first time we went to South Beach, the top was on anytime I was off the chair. In fact, I wouldn't even stand up - as if being above 2 feet above the ground, someone would notice me. Then, the next time, I was a bit more brave, and even went down to the water topless - only walking straight down and straight back though. The next topless trip, more brave, etc. THEN we went to the Dominican Republic and that pretty much cured it all. The resort we went to, there were topless women everywhere - walking through the lobby, at the beach bars, the pool, the beach, etc. There were days I just didn't wear a top at all - and I mean AT ALL. I put on the sunscreen in the am, slipped on the bikini bottom, and out the door I went with nothing on but the bottom and my flip flops. Long walk through the resort to the beach, everywhere. Sitting in the beachside restaurant at lunch, etc. So that sort of cured me entirely of any cares I have - if it's what the other women do, it's what I do. The thing I do love the most about the DR and Riviera Maya, as opposed to the BBG/Temptations is taking a long topless walk on the beach. Can't really do that in Cancun.

At the BBG last summer, I went to the bathroom, the bar, walked around the resort, out in the ocean/sea, on the beach etc., all without worrying about putting the top on. In fact, the last day, we looked at our pictures and realized that I really didn't have anything with my top on so we sort of charged around the resort getting fun photos to share with friends and the kids, with me with my top on.

EDIT with the post below in mind: Yes, I kept a coverup dress with me to go into the restaurants, visit the lobby or spa, walk back up the room, etc. The common areas around the pools and beach is where it's OK (and encouraged!) to be topless.

2) Photos: Well, two things here. Yes, I let my husband take pictures of me without it, and no, we don't share them generally. Yes, there are a few of them of me on our photo sharing sites, but they are generally either covered up, pixelated, etc - not showing anything overt. But that said, I'm unapologetic about being topless on the beach. It's what I do. I don't lie about it to my kids and I do tell my friends about it. So, I'm not afraid of appearing topless in a photo, even if you can't see anything of importance. On being in others photos, well, yeah, it's the chance you take. I actually did find one of myself online in someone else's album from that same week. Not much I can do about it - I was soft focus and in the background. Oh well.

3) The Kids: Well, I may not be able to entirely help here. I have three teenaged sons. So, my dynamic is different than yours. My sons know I go topless on the beach. Very simply - in fact, our next door neighbor is our Rabbi and he and his wife know too. Again, it's who I am, I'm unapologetic about it. I don't see something sexual or immoral about it and I'd never do it where it wasn't the custom. I can relate experience from a girlfriend - her daughters noticed her "girls" were tan after her trip, and she was honest with them also and said, "girls, this is what they do there. It's not a big deal and if you went there and there were other girls your age there and they didn't wear tops, I'd be fine with that too. That ended the conversation right there.

Hope this helps.

4. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just to be clear ... you have to put it back on to get into the restaurants. Anything else I believe you can walk around topless.

As for pictures... you'll find a lot of people will put it back on for them.. but the general rule we have with our friiends is no posting naked pics online without permission.

If there's someone topless/naked in a picture that you have and you don't have permission you should be covering up their parts or identity.

oh... and occasionally... rarely I think.... there may be some creepy guy who's constantly snapping pics of all the women. (we had one when we went). Don't be afraid to tell Chino's or Omar or just tell them not to take your pic. It's your right not to be creeped out.

5. WeeDave and LisaNI

WeeDave and LisaNI Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Naomi,

I will make you laugh a little bit more, referring back to our first trip to Mexico I was wearing a rather small crocheted bikini one day and drinking Margaretta's, davy sent me up to the bar on several occasions and I couldn't understand why they seemed so strong.

Coming back from the bar on the third occasion and swaying slightly with two drinks in hand I also mentioned to Davy that the bar man had a huge big smile on his face - in TTR all the bar staff smile all the time - Davy laughed as well and told me look down at my top. I looked down and the nips had managed to climb over the bikini top and were pointing out ( I honestly hadn't noticed) - guess they were missing the sun I had shown them earlier in the week. :oops:

I normally get the twins out all the time but would cover up for going to the restaurant etc but going to the bar topless usually means I get served quicker especially if there is men at the bar as they normally let me go first rather that waiting - very polite of them.

:lol:

Lisa x

6. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    It's just that we've all been there before with our wives and worked through it with them, or educated by them :wink: , and so it's no big thing to enter into the conversation.

In fact I was in New Orleans one year with a bunch of folks we'd met at Temptations, yes you do bring these friendships back to the real world now and then, and one of the ladies had just had enhancement surgery. Others had had it before and the discussion got to the difference in the feel from enhanced to real. So they were all popping off their tops and demonstrating the difference. Being part of the conversation I was able to discern for myself the difference. So us guys will join in these conversations as much as we can. :wink:

I think you'll find that once you pop off your top, you will think about it less and less. Especially when surrounded by others with their tops off. You just stop thinking about it and when you need to put it on. Someone will have to remind you, "Ummm to go to lunch you need to put your top back on." "Dang, I forgot I had it off!"

Now.. if you are going to tease us with these new tops you bought for your husband to go out in public with.. and how good you look in them... well you're just going to have to share. Get the camera out and take a picture and post it so we can see too. After all if you're walking around in Tucson with it on it can't be that bad. And you husband shouldn't object since we're doing all this work for him to be able to enjoy his vacation. :wink: So get posting…..

Jamie

7. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    LMAO!!!... :D

8. NeedTheSunNow!

NeedTheSunNow! Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    LOL - Jamie, you're such a piece of work.

Report on last night ... well, let's just say he loved my new look - we met for dinner as he was coming home from business travel, so I met him at the restaurant - and gotta say I was really happy with how I looked. My 13 year old daughter was SHOCKED with the new look. She said "Mom, umm, like, you're actually showing your boobs! What's that all about? Isn't that top a little daring for you?" Then she took a picture of me with her cell phone so she could text it to her friend ... cute!

Anyway, he got to the restaurant and was stunned to say the least. I know I sound like a total dork when I talk about this, but well, I guess this new resort thing is going to make a new "me" out of me. LOL

Happy weekend everyone. I leave tomorrow for several days of business travel in Europe, so won't be online until later next week.

9. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    Naomi...Glad to hear you had a nice time in your new outfit...LOL... :D

10. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    OK.. so we have several days to figure out if I should be insulted or not. :roll:

:D

Jamie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice