For Anyone Going Soon (march/april/may 2022)... (serious Question)

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Cheers2US, Mar 10, 2022.

1. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +613 / 2
    As I post this, there is war in the Russia-Ukraine region. It is awful and I am praying every day and night it ends.

For anyone traveling soon, (between now and say, May 2022) are you doing anything in particular with the threat of war? I know the US, Canada and Mexico are not directly involved in anything yet, but things could change quickly.

I am visiting Cancun next week and I'd like to know if anyone got particular travel insurance for this situation. I don't know enough about insurance to know what to look for.

2. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Unless Putin starts hurling nukes the war in Ukraine should have no affect on your vacation in Mexico.

Jamie

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 5
    And if he does…would rather be in the sexy pool because it will be the End of Days……

4. NC-Couple

NC-Couple Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    With most travel insurance, war is typically excluded unless you get some specialized endorsement or find a niche travel insurance plan.

As MikeandHeather said, if things escalate...looks like I'll be staying a little longer in Mexico!

5. snagpoint

snagpoint Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    I was in Cancun with a Russian friend the day they invaded. She stayed longer than expected since Russian flights were banned from US/Canada.

6. canwanderer

canwanderer Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you are travelling from Canada, you can check with Allianz. The only situation I know that interferes with the coverage is if the government is advising to avoid all travel/all non-essential travel to a specific destination/region. I guess insurers from other countries such as the States may have similar rules. Worth calling the insurance company and speak with an agent.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice