For all of you Canadians

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Franco27, May 28, 2007.

1. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    that good huh!

2. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I shall cancel my visit based on Waste's evaluation.

3. Tina

Tina Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just to get a clue on how much an average american pays for healthcare here in WI....my husband pays $296 a month for coverage that has a $1000 deductible for EACH family member which means that $1000 comes out of pocket before insurance even kicks in per person, then after the $1000 out of pocket is met, they only cover 80% after that.....oh and after you pay a $20 each visit co-pay, THEN they pay 80% after that.

My son had surgery last year, we paid out over $5000 in medical alone last year, and I wont tell you how much we had to finance.

We used to pay 1.29 a gallon for gas 2 years ago.....we're at 3.42 in WI right now....probably lower than the average Canadian gas price....but compare what your gas price was 2 years ago, did it triple?

I love my country and I've got a ton of Canadian friends, bless their hearts and yours too, but egad......we got some serious problems over here!

USA dropped their interest rate I do believe 3 years ago, everyone spent like mad, bought new home, built, refinanced....spend, spend, spend....check out our current foreclosure statistics right now and the # of families that have to choose right now between having their credit ruined for life or putting food on the table is insane right now because while they could afford their house payment years ago, our food, medication, insurance, gas, cost of living has almost doubled but our paychecks havent, leaving the average person looking at their checkbooks saying...now what?

God Bless the USA, Canada and every other country that busts their humps everyday to try to make a $......only to have it yanked away, faster than they can make it.

4. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! :-o

5. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Franco, Toronto Can be compared to New York or Chicago, a big bustling City.
    Allt he typical tourist Spots, the CN tower, the Sky Dome and such.

6. Ant95

Ant95 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    franco go to montreal before toronto :lol:

7. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Less crime, I think, though.

8. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh gosh yeah...NOT even close to them..

9. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Franco, to be fair... I've visited the top 100 North American cities at least a couple times each for a couple days at a time. Based on my experiences, there are very few cities I would ever choose to live.

To be honest, Toronto does make my top7 list, but it's in the bottom half. To give some perspective, there's a big gap between 1st and 2nd place, and another big gap betweem 3rd and 4th place.

Toronto has come a long way over the last 5 years as far as clubs and restaurants go, but the social scene still doesn't compare to where I call home... The one big thing they are lacking is a proffesional sports team. :D

10. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All I cna say of pfffffttttt :tongueout:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice