Football Team

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by matkirk, Apr 30, 2007.

1. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello everyone,
    I am starting a British Footlball team in Cancun. Anyone interested let me know. U.S citizens are wlecome if they can explain what offside means, don't call it soccer and don't try and give me a HI 5 when I score. I am going to get us in the Sunday League, however it really is more about a few pints afterwards. Let me know lads. Or let anyone you know about it.
    Cheers
    Mat

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I would def be in for that, and know a few others who might be too Ged, Drew, Brant, Jason?. Are you talking 5 a side or 11?.

I used to play three times a week, but I can no longer keep up with the 18 yr olds, hopefully any games will be after the sun has gone down and I wont melt.

BTW good to see you here Mat, welcome :)

3. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Ged said he may be interested if it did not require commiting to every sunday as we do quite alot of stuff as a family then.

However I think he could be persuaded to play now and again.

Tracey
    x

4. matkirk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    re: footie

Tell you what then lads, how about I organise a five a side then instead, I'm guessing most of us are over 30, so we are going to need quite a few subs. If you want I'll look into 5 a side on a weekday evening, might be easier on the knees and also probably easier to get around 9 of us together.
    let me know lads.
    Mat

5. matkirk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Also anyone got a new job for me, I'm tired of working for BestDay in an office with no windows, I might as well be back in Clapham!

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Re: re: footie

Sounds good, 5 a side I could almost handle.

Although we are back to the UK in a couple of weeks for at least a couple of weeks maybe more. Jason who I mentioned, I forgot is away for several months and Drew seems to be avoiding the question.

As for the job, what kind of thing are you looking for, and what are your skills? I dont have anything myself but there are all kinds of people who read this forum who dont necessarily post, and those that do might know someone who is looking.

7. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Heh heh.

Sounds awfully like exercise to me.

But if something organised, I'll give it a shot. Don't know if I'm any good though. Used to play right wing at rugby in primary school but that was YEARS ago.

8. matkirk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds like we've got the makings of a winning side lads, one rugby player and another on holiday, lol. Maybe we should stick to the beers and forget the football, we can always talk a good game!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice