Football in Cancun

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Boxy, Dec 1, 2008.

1. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TraceyUk: I bought mine for 200 pesos. The regular one, but with the away(Cruz Azul) fans :) Got my jersey washed and ready for saturday, along with my 2.5 x 2.5 meter Azul flag! :) Although this game doesnt never compare to see the Mexico City games...

Jim: Man UTD`s homegames are great. The best experience I ever had though is 2 games: The Spanish derby between Barcelona and Real Madrid och Camp Nou(Nou Camp for some..) and AC Milan against Inter Milan in Italy. City rivals and they also share the same stadium :)

Magical!!

2. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have not been able to be at the right place at the right time while on the other side of the pond except for that one time. I have been in the places you mention but never when matches are scheduled or when tickets were available. But the matches over there are certainly experiences!!

3. Boxy

Boxy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks very much for the information.

Is there likely to be a game in March then?

I see Cruz Azul won 3-1 last night. We bought two football shirts last March, i bought a limited edition Chivas top, and my friend bought a Cruz Azul shirt.

4. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Now you just need to get an Atlante shirt!!

5. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boxy: Yep, there will be games in march :) Usually two games/week, and one of those are at home.

If we decide to stay in Cancun I might join you fellas if thats ok.

Yes, we won 3-1 but it should have been more like 5-2.. We wasted heaps of good chances and hit the crossbar and post once :(

3-1 is good for the second leg, but knowing Azul and their "morale" when it comes to the away games scares me...

Tonight should be a great fight between Santos Laguna and Toluca!

My bet for the final(also 2 legs) is a reprise between Cruz Azul and Santos... Last time we had a great chance, but again the away game messed it all up and we lost...

Cheers`n beers!

6. Boxy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yer not a problem mate, the more the merrier!

What do the winners of the final get? Is it for entry into the CONCACAF Champions League?

Jim: The Atlante shirt is already on my list of things to buy whilst in Cancun!

7. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boxy: I think its entry to the World Club Cup against the other champions of the various continents, although Im not sure, since Pachuca ar playing that Cup and the won like 1.5 years ago... :/

Well, Cruz Azul managed 1-1 and I was screming my a*s off during the game together wwith the other visiting fans. Apparently 3-1 form the foirst game was enogh, even for Azul ;)

Toluca kicked out Santos with a total score of 2-1, and are playing Azul. First game on thursday this week, then the second leg on sunday, which means I will be going live since Im staying the whole weekend in Mexico City, and Toluca is only a couple of hours away by car.

8. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To clarify: Pachuca won the Mexican league like 1.5 years ago. Now in December they are playing the World Club Cup.

9. Boxy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's not looking good after the home leg!!

10. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boxy: Hey, sorry for not updating. Just recieved the fixture list for the Mexican league.

Yeah, we lost in penalties aftera heroic 2-0 win away.. Well, what to do - just keep ur head up and get in there again! :)

- On the Sunday 8th of March there is a huge game! Atlante plays at home against Club America. I cant find the time for the kick off, but should be between 3pm and 9pm... Unsure what the regular sunday homegames are, sorry. I suggest you guys buy tickets at least 2-3 days before since it a big game.

Thats the only game between 4th and 18th of march - but its going to be a BIG one! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice