Football in Cancun

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Boxy, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Boxy

Boxy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I see Atlante now play their home games in Cancun. Me and my mates would like to take in a game whilst we are over there for spring break between the 4th adn 18th March.

Could someone help me with tickets details and also fixtures please?

Thanks

2. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Im gonna move this one.....hopefully the locals can help you out a bit

3. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't know what you mean by fixtures but you can get tickets the day of the game at the ticket office early or at the gate. This isn't ManU! The most expensive tickets run around $25 usd and they are never sold out.

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The "official" website of the club is well, trash. http://www.club-atlante.com/

Check out this blog instead...It's certainly more up to date and easier to read. It's in Spanish so you'll have to use Google translate.

http://atlantecancun.blogspot.com/

Found this image on that blog with prices as well.....(Potrobono are season tickets, prices are in pesos)

[​IMG]

5. Boxy

Boxy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks very much for the help!

Any idea of the best way to get to the ground from the hotel zone? Does a bus run up there? Is there an 'away' end that i should avoid?

Fixtures is a Schedule.

6. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boxy: Ill let you know as soon as the details(fixtures) have been drawn for the next season. The season is divided into two parts: Apertura and Clausura. Tomorrow, wednesday, the first leg of the semifinals start("my" team Cruz Azul plays Atlante). Second leg is on saturday here in Cancun. To get the fixtures for the next season, we just have to sit back and wait until the whole season has finished, which is only a cuple of weeks away :)

The most expensive tickett is 50-60 $US.

I usually buy the "regular" for 20$US since the stadium was built in stress and i certainly not worth 60$US for any seat.

Regarding Home-Away sides - dont worry. It doesnt get very violent at all.

Have only been caught up once in fan-violoence, and that was in a Pumas homegame in Mexico City ;)

You could get bus R-2 from the Hotelzone. It will drop you off just next to Walmart, and from there its only a 10 minute walk to the stadium.

7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We drove by the Atlante stadium last night about 11 pm and there were lots of people camping on the sidewalk, evidently they were on line for tickets (or at least that's what it looked like to us).

8. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The big playoff games are this week--5th and 8th. One here and one away. I am sure they are waiting for the tickets for the big game!

9. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    We would love to watch the semi final on saturday but tickets are 600 pesos !!!!!!!!!
    I guess it will be a TV in sports bar for us.
    Tracey

10. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In March I was in Manchester and went to a ManU game. You don't want to know what I paid for those tickets!! 75,550 people in the stadium. A UEFA match against Lyon and they won! Worth every penny of the money!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice