Food Poisoning

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Restling, Oct 22, 2019.

1. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Sounds like roto virus...not food poisoning which typically only lasts 24 hours.
    Roto virus is highly contagious and it only takes one person with it and not washing hands to spread like wild fire.
    Most couples probably infected one another once one picked it up.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. ging

ging Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
    Wrong kind Of nasty to be at TTR

3. FakeNewsTeam

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    For sure!
    Hope it is all gone by this Sat.

4. BnK

BnK Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    Here now and arrived Thursday. Folks got sick prior and all good now since.

Italian last night was awesome with a big group and Sea Flirt tonight was exceptional. Dinner outside beside the beach / ocean and watching distant lightning storm. Beats Vancouver rainy fall nights.

Come twice a year and it’s been great for us each occasion. We’ll be back. Bash awaits !!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. Tempted7076

Tempted7076 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Vancouver rules!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Chance_Sarah

Chance_Sarah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    If the roto virus only lasts 24 hours then that isn't it. We have been sick a week, as has most others. The gentleman that got so sick he had to be hospitalized has reports from the hospital tests saying it is food related.

7. FakeNewsTeam

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    No food poisoning only typically lasts 24 hours until the offending items are processed through the digestive system and purged via the anal crevice.
    Or purged via excreted out the mouth before digesting.
    Yes food poisoning can be so bad that hospitalization is required, especially due to dehydration...not only from the “dranking” and sun ahead of time but also because of the purging.
    Also electrolytes get out of balance real quick and things can go down hill rapidly.

The roto virus can last over a week and you can be contaminated.
    They need to find the offenders working their and send them home.
    They also need to clean and bleach (decontaminate) the hell out of EVERYTHING!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. kmontoya

kmontoya I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0
    ok weve been 10 plus times. never did i get sick. but this last time oct 9-18 th i did get a strange but out of the blue. one min i was fine getting ready for dinner next, i was sweating, chills, down for the night! diddnt have much alcohol that day. drink beer mostly. but by about midnight i had room service and felt much better. cant say what it was, but it was a first for me.

9. Chance_Sarah

Chance_Sarah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    Ok yes, I'm following you now. I have been saying over and over in the group that I do not think it is a specific food item or food poisoning for the same reasons you said. I completely feel that it is a sanitation issue, just like you mentioned. It is hitting too many people and too long of a time frame to be standard food poisoning. It is not likely at all that we all ate the same things. My husband and I didn't. I think it is a sanitation and cleanliness issue at the resort that is impacting all of the food, not just some things over another. Unfortunately, I don't think the resort is taking much responsibility to fix the problem.

10. skimedic

skimedic Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 1
    We were there the 12th-20th and can vouch that something was going on. It was our 7th trip and we've never gotten sick until this trip. One of our group was hospitalized in Cancun after his first night there. Several others have gotten confirmation from doctors after returning home. They've all called it a viral infection from food. But nobody can trace it. For me it's just been stomach issues with diarrhea that's finally subsiding without doctor intervention. Others were less fortunate. But my wife didn't get sick at all. So again, very hard to pinpoint what caused it.
    Best advice I can give is to just do your best to follow good sanitation practices for yourself, but take some Pepto and Imodium with you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice