Food Delivery via Internet....FINALLY!!!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Susan in Cancun, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here is what my friend says about Soriana:

"I do it through their website at www.soriana.com.mx I pay cash when they show up. Its really simple. Saves me about 2 hours a week of wasted time and money in their stores. hehehe You can schedule the deliverary(sic) and they always show up. For $45 pesos delivery charge its worth it. Time vs. Money."

2. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    website

I just placed an order with yacomiste.com and got a confirmation email. I'll let you know if any food arrives.

Thanks for the link to Soriana, Jim! I'm going to try to sign up again now.

3. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Susan:
    Keep us posted!!

4. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    website

Good news and bad news...

Bad news: Soriana site still has some error and I couldn't register

GOOD NEWS: I GOT MY FOOD FROM YaComiste.com!!! YAAAYYY!!!

I ordered from a baguette place that I had never tried before. The food was delivered in approximately 45 minutes and it was very tasty. I didn't hear the person delivering (someone from the actual restaurant...NOT with a little moto that says YaComiste.com) the food because she was in a car and didn't blow the horn like the pizza guys do.

There does not seem to be a minimum order. Since it seems as though each restaurant delivers their own orders, I'm not sure if you can order from more than one restaurant in the same order. Either way, I'm very happy about this new service! I can't wait until it's time for dinner! haha

5. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hmm not sure about the soriana site as my friend uses it all the time.

Aaaanyway...great news that the yacomiste.com site is working. I will have to try it soon. Thanks. My guess is that the site charges $X for each order.

6. YacomisteCrew

YacomisteCrew Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yacomiste.com

Hi everybody, Im part of yacomiste.com. I would like to thank you all for your comments and suggestions.
    Your suggestions are valuable to us in order to keep improving the site.
    I would gladly answer any questions you could have regarding yacomiste.com

Sincerely,
    Yacomiste.com

7. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yacomiste

I am sure the site would be even more successful if it were in English as well.

I love the site and, so far, the service and food have been delicious! (Yes, I ordered dinner online too. I'm already spoiled by this luxury.)

8. CancunGringa

CancunGringa Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yay! finally! I will definitely be using this service.

I also have the problem with the Soriana site. I've tried several times to use it and there is an error at the very end of the whole process. Grrrrr.

9. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just checked with my friend who uses it and she says "HMM...thats odd. I never have that problem
    i actually got my delivery on time yesterday. " www.soriana.com.mx

10. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've just ordered from yacomiste and I'm in the hotelzone. The list of restaurant options I got decreased to four when I clicked on the office location (you can register home and office when you sign up). So I ordered a salad from Sr. Burger.
    I would like to see more optios and not the expensive places in the hotelzone. But I can see it would be a little complicated for a downtown restaurant to deliver.
    It's a great idea, I hope it works. I'll let ya know how the salad was!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice