FM3 Time Again!! The BS Never Stops.

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by mixz1, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For the trouble he saved me, I would have happily paid more! Well, a LITTLE more, anyway.

2. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    UPDATE

After meeting with the abogado TJ mentioned, it became clear we had a giant misunderstanding over her fee, and she was very gracious about allowing us to back out. I did buy the paperwork she had done for us (she did not insisit on any payment and the price for the paperwork was very fair) and based on the postings here contacted Mauricio Mendoza, who appears to be everything everyone has said and who's fees were less than half of what Jenny had quoted. He's re-doing a couple of the prorogas (even the lawyers can't seem to agree on the wording) and assures us we'll have our FM3s in less than a couple of weeks.

We're in the same squeeze as TJ as we're leaving Mexico for a month. Sr. Mendoza has assured us we'll be okay before we leave. I'll post the results.

3. raretail

raretail Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good luck mixz1.

Mauricio was great for us (thanks Susan!)

4. cancunroberto

cancunroberto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thankyou thankyou!!!!

The lawer also wrote me and said he will take care of everyting and fm3 will be done in couple of weeks!!!!

5. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    cancunroberto, raretail, and mixz1...

I am sooo happy that you got in touch with Mauricio and that he's been able to help all of you. He's like a little immigration angel, isn't he??

Thanks to Rivergirl for telling us about him! :)

Susan

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm always happy to help. I'm glad everyone is happy.

7. e.b.

e.b. Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does Mauricio also work with the office in Playa del Carmen? I'm going to start the process in June when I'm there for seven weeks but am concerned about it taking longer than I'll be there. Any help would be appreciated. This will be an initial FM3. I'll get it here in Colorado first and then need to have it registered in Playa.

Thanks for any info.

8. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got my FM3 this week, my first renewal. It took like 58 days and I had my attorney do it.

9. e.b.

e.b. Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wouldn't mind just turning this whole thing over to an attorney at all if the Playa office is operating anything like the one in Cancun seems to be.

10. cancunroberto

cancunroberto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    fm3 in 3 weeks

went to mauricio 3 weeks ago, he got approval in 2 weeks we meet him dec 10th for fingerprints and he will have fm3 in hand 5 days later. we did not register address last year and had to pay fine this great lawyer did everything for us!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice