FM3 Rookie

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by raretail, Jul 12, 2007.

1. raretail

raretail Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So we got our FM3 visas in Denver last week. Amazing how smoothly the process went there. Applied for and received the visas in a matter of hours. Jesús helped us there and he was great! Funny and efficient, he really made the process easy. He said this was the easy part and laughed and said just wait until you get to register it in Mexico. (then he made an evil laugh)

At any rate, does any one know of the form, if any, we have to fill out upon entering Mexico??? I know I have to get my FM3 stamped but Jesús mentioned a form as well. I know it is not the usual ones they give you on the plane and I am guessing they won't have the one I need on the plane so...do I just get it from the agent when I get to the front of the line at customs??

2. gene37412

gene37412 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello....I just completed the very same process.....PM me with your details and maybe I can help out....we now live in Cancun full time...is that what you are planning???

Gene Hilton

gene37412 at yahoo dot com

3. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    trying to save you from spam bots, gene... :)

4. gene37412

gene37412 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks....I forgot all about that....

5. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    FM3

The Customs agents in Cancun will have the form you need.

Jesus helped me with my visa 4 years ago. I am glad to hear he is still there and that the FM3 process in Denver is still painless. :)

Registering your FM3 is a huge hassle. If you aren't up for doing it on your own, I can recommend a great lawyer that can do it for you.

Good luck!

Susan

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Once you get to Mexico you will need to get your FM3 stamped by the Immigration agent at the airport. They will stamp page 3 to validate your FM3, and then they will stamp somewhere on one of the Entrada pages, to show the date you enter.

Then you need to register your address with Immigration, but you need to go to the downtown office to get that done. I think you have 30 days to do that after you enter Mexico. Gene will know the details, he's done this recently.

Customs has nothing to do with your FM3, they only care about the stuff you bring in.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice