FM3 Done

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by gene37412, Feb 10, 2007.

1. gene37412

gene37412 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For anybody needing an FM3 that lives in the South-East :claphappy: ....I can't say enough about how easy and painless it was at the Mexican Consulate in Atlanta. My wife and I went there Friday morning and had them by Friday afternoon. My advice is this: Read their web site from top to bottom....make sure you have all the required paperwork before arriving...get there early, as the web site says....if you get there before 10:00 A.M. your FM3 will be ready at 4:00 that afternoon. The staff at the Consulate was very friendly, professional, and really seemed like they were glad to have you there. The biggest pain is what to do for 6 hours while waiting for the paperwork to be processed. We just can't say enough about how easy the process was. See you folks in 3 weeks.

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congrats Gene! The process isn't all that bad when you A) meet the requirements (which lots of people don't) and B) provide all the needed paperwork up front.

I didn't want to mention it in here but my last FM3 renewal took 3 days only. I filed on a Tuesday and had FM3 in hand Friday morning. But I had all the papers in hand when I walked in the door.

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congrats, that sounds a lot nicer than most of the reports from the Cancun office. Kudos to Rivergirl too, you know the hoops you have to jump through and how to get through them quickly by now!

4. gene37412

gene37412 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A big thank you to RiverGirl.....her information and advice ont he FM3 was far more than valueable and right on!!!!

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gene - There is some small benefit in living with an Immigration Agent...plus we always get out of traffic tickets...

6. gene37412

gene37412 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well....all my friends that live there already have told me that the best way to learn the language is to sleep with it.....I guess that applies to more than spanish.....LOL.....you go girl

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice