FM2s, FM3, Passport Control

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,209 / 14
    No, you made that up. I'm arguing:
    In our case, a family of 4 with 3 Mexicans including 2 young children, they are probably less likely to be petty about it than for two able bodied mature people neither of whom are Mexican.

2. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is true V and I never stated otherwise or sugessted it was our line.

Hay V! :aetsch004: Do I really need to spell it out for you? There is no misconception.

The line is for Mexicans, we chance it by going in the line, sometimes they let us through and sometimes they don't. The line is for Mexicans, it says that clearly. It doesn't say Mexicans and Residents, just Mexicanos (Mexicans).

Maybe you should read back through the thread carefully and you'll realise you have misunderstood what's been said by Steve and I, and you completely made up one aspect of the discussion.

3. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    lol good luck with that........

4. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think the problem here lies in the fact that ya'll are trying to argue rules in a Mexican government office.

The Mexican line is or is not intended for residents, depending on the mood of the security officer, the general disposition of the person at the desk, the time of day, how attractive the resident is, and the current weather. ;)

5. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    What´s your experience been, G.? Do you ever travel alone, and line up in the Mexican line?

6. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've never been to the passport office here before, so no input from me there :)

When my Mexican husband and I arrive at US customs at airports, the security officer always tells us without hesitation for both of us to go together in the (shorter) foreigners' line.

When we arrive at Mexican customs at the Cancun airport, the security officer usually looks confused and after 5 seconds says, "I guess you should each go in separate lines...", which confirms my suspicion that there's no set rule for people in our particular situation here in Mexico.

7. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does it state anywhere that the line is for "Mexicans/citizens" only?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice