FM2 needed for vehicle license in Quintana Roo?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Jim in Cancun, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If all else fails you can get off the plane in Cancun with your FM3's and your BLANK FMT's in hand and then ask the agent what he/she recommends..... if they want you to go in with the FM3's then you'll have to pay a visit to the downtown office and get them changed for FMT's or maybe the agent at the airport can just take the FM3's and let you come in as regular tourists.... I wouldn't think its that complicated.. but then again we are talking about Mexico here.. :roll:

It would be smart to account for a little bit of a hold up when leaving the airport if this is what you do.. they do have a little office there that you might get referred to... but better to handle it on the way in then possibly missing your flight on the way out.

2. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All is well and our FM3 renewals now are in the hands of Sr (not sure if that's the appropriate title to use or not) Mauricio Mendoza. Can't thank you folks enough for provding his name and contact information.

I did call the Mexican Consulate in Boston before we left. They suggested that we fill out an FMT and then ask the airport agent for advice. I must say that the person I spoke to was upfront in saying that she wasn't really sure what the correct way was..... No problem because from reading here, I pretty much knew that wasn't the way to go.

Anyway we finally decided that we would renew and try to get in touch with Sr Mendoza ASAP. When we arrived at the airport, there were two long lines at Immigration so thanks to another tip that I read here, we showed the guy "directing" the lines our FM3's and he motioned us to the Resident line which was empty!!!!

Then once settled, I checked e-mail and had a response from Mauricio!!!!!

All I can say is what a lovely, accommodating and knowlegeable man he is .... a treasure for sure.

Again, thanks to you here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice