FM-3 extention time frame.

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Cancunscorpio, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Cancunscorpio

Cancunscorpio Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I did not use Mauricio but my renewal date was Oct. 31. You can apply no more than 30 days so my application was submitted BY MY ATTORNEY, on Oct. 1. 51 days later I got my renewal.

If you plan on leaving Mexico legally before your renewal comes back, you have to get this special permission form letter, that usually comes a day or two before your trip so you are a nervous wreck. And it costs about $500 Mxn.

When you renew you turn in and they keep your existing FM3.

Buena Suerte,

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think they tell you to start the renewal process 3 or 4 weeks in advance of the expiration date. But as long as you apply for renewal before your FM3 expires they will accept it with no penalties.

The quickest one of my renewals ever went through was one week. The longest I ever had to deal with was 3 weeks (this last time when I changed to an FM2). Expect 4 weeks or 5 weeks and be happy when it's less.

Tell Mauricio I said hi!

4. CancunGringa

CancunGringa Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I used Mauricio this year and my FM3 renewal was approved in two business days. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice