FM 3 documents

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunCanuck, Apr 10, 2007.

1. CancunGringa

CancunGringa Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    cancunroberto - hmmmm, I'm not sure what you should do. I was told quite sternly by the Mexican Consulate in Minnesota, and again at the airport when I first entered with my FM3, that I had 30 days from first entry with the FM3 to begin the registration of the FM3 with the immigration office on Nader. I don't know what to suggest or what the consequences might be for not registering. The main point of registering seems to be they want to know where you are living, and what you look like, and what you're going to be doing with your time here.

2. Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos

Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When we arrived 4 years ago with out FM3 from the states, we failed to register our address with them within the time period. When we renewed the next year we were hit with a healthy fine for failing to do so.

3. Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos

Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wonder what happened to the process of handing out the complaint/suggestions forms. The box is still on the wall for them to be put into, but haven't seen any form in a couple of years. On my last and finally final, visit last week, I was considering asking them for the form, making 200 copies, and then passing them out to everyone in there and to everyone going in for a few days. However, since I'm in there quite often helping others get theirs, figured I might "doom" myself with the exposure.

4. Alma Libre

Alma Libre Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    200 copies? Might get you through the first day, but what then? :D

5. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Same fine for failing to register a change of residential address too, I'm guessing.

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Kelly, they told me the exact same thing back in Oct.

Our landlord lived in Guadalajara at the time and getting his original ID was impossible. They mumbled and grumbled but accepted a scanned / emailed copy in the end when we explained the situation.

7. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Oops!

8. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Steve, we're working on it. Half the problem is that we have never met the stupid owner, we go through a property manager so getting this guy to hand over his original ID is not going to be easy. I've got copies of his wife's ID if all else fails and we will go plead our case. I think all they need to do is verify that I live where I say I live. We're up for a contract renewal on the house, I think it's time I got my name on it instead of just Jorge's.

9. Alma Libre

Alma Libre Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    FM3'd

After yet another long wasted day in Immigration, we received our FM3's today. It took over 2 months and countless trips. (we figure somewhere between 15 and 20 in all)

We learned a lot, but it has all taken a toll on us. We think we now look as ugly, pathetic and colourless as our FM3 pictures!

The real joy is that we will need to go back in February to start the renewal process...and sooner than that to renew our Expediente Basico, which is now only good for six months.

For now though...we celebrate! Thanks to all for your advice and help.

Saludos!

10. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Congrats! Glad you got it sorted out.

It's bad enough when you live in Cancun, but to have to drive over from PM every time :roll:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice