FM 3 documents

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunCanuck, Apr 10, 2007.

1. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They are really delayed at the moment. I went last week to pay after they said it was authorised and they told me to go back yesterday to pick it up. But it wasn't ready and they told me to come back Tuesday.
    If the delay messes up your travel plans I would apply for the special permission they can give you to leave the country. (this means you won't have a problem to leave on that day just because your fm3 is still in process)

2. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Jen
    Tuesday is a public holiday- are you sure they are open?
    Rgds
    Tracey

3. cancunroberto

cancunroberto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    think i made mistake!!!

got fm3 in ny.flew to cancun had to fill out special paper at im office at airport then officer stamped entry on fm3 he said its good for 1 year when we left same process went to little im office in airport filled out same paper he stamped exit on fm3 and put paper in fm3 to save until entry into cancun again. he said dec go to nader ave and renew. no one evr said to register at im office!!!! now what?????

4. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Tracey, yes she said Tuesday and then changed it to Wednesday when she remembered they would be closed. That's what happened to me the Wednesday before easter when they told me to call back - and everyone had left for the holidays!!
    Thanks!

5. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And the battle continues. I went to INM this morning and now they want three more documents from me, within ten days. Sigh.

(I don't know the exact translations so here's the Spanish requirements and my loose interpretation of what they want)

1. "Constancia expediente basico de (my employer)". (Apparently my employer should have a file on me that I need to bring in, no idea what's in that file but will find out on Wednesday)

2. "Carta dirigida al INM por parte del propietario del inmueble el (landlord's name) que usted ocupa, anexando original y copia de su identificacion". (They want a letter from my landlord plus a copy and original of his I.D. This ticks me off as they have never wanted this before, they have always been satisfied with my comprobante, a contract, a letter from hubby who's name is on the contract stating that I rent from him and his I.D.. Getting my landlord's I.D. is going to be a royal PITA)

3. "Original y copia para cotejo de la identificacion de quien firma la carta de continuidad laboral en caso de ser extranjero su documento migratorio vigente". (They want a personal letter from the director of my school, plus their I.D.. Again, annoying, I work for a large corporation, having them ask for personal stuff from a boss doesn't seem right).

So, the rules continue to change and make things difficult. Blech and yuck to the whole process. I put my application in April 9th, today is the 30th, they are not moving very quickly at all.

6. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It seems to me that if you are an individual trying to do the leg work on your own they do whatever they can to make the process more difficult.

If a payroll company does it, it's a lot less complicated.

Wonder why.

7. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Canuck: #1 should be easy enough...it's basically just a list of all of the employees and their nationalities that INM requires to be updated. Whoever is the lucky one to be renewing at a certain point has to provide it. It was me two of the three years I renewed. You bring it to the window all the way to the right with the plate glass.

8. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Gabatcha. BTW, they have changed the layout and procedures there, so now everyone has to go to that window (which no longer has glass), then tell that person what they want. She then determines which line and what number you are. Stinky system really when you know you need a number for the FM3 line and should just be able to grab it and sit. Instead, you wait in line for your number for 20 minutes, then you get to wait some more. The receptionist (for lack of a better word, perhaps traffic director?) always seems to disappear into the back for ten or fifteen minutes right before I get to her.

9. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's called job creation at the expense of efficiency.

If they added up all the man hours wasted standing in queues and doing unnrecessary tasks.....

10. Alma Libre

Alma Libre Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It´s like looking in a mirror!

Cancun Canuck

We received that exact same letter a few weeks ago. We had to make our own Basico, it´s just a sheet of paper that shows Immigration you are a real company. Immigration had to come out to PM and look at our shelves to determine we were actually a bookstore. They came, they saw...they declared us...a bookstore! We now have to renew it every 6 months instead of every year. More fun ahead!

Then we provided letters that had Joanne offering me a job and me offering her one.

Then we provided a copy of our house title, which showed Joanne not only lives at our abode...she owns half the place!

We went in today and begged and Immigration is now saying we will get our little green book on Friday. Let´s hope!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice