FM 3 documents

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunCanuck, Apr 10, 2007.

1. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am having some serious anxiety now! I should have gone to the office this morning to check on my status but I freaked out and didn't bring my papers with me. I need some serious Zen moments today.

Or maybe just a margarita or two. :wink:

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    CC - Not to worry my dear. I've just sent a PM to you.

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Rivergirl, I am doing some deep breathing exercises as we speak. As I said in my PM, I don't freak out about many things anymore, but this one makes me crazy every year! I appreciate your calming words, thanks. :D

4. raretail

raretail Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is the proces easier if you do not need to work there?? Perhaps it will be best for me to obtain and renew the visa at a Mexican consulate in the US...

5. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went to immigration this morning only to be told the app is still in process (what I expected to hear). So, another week of waiting!

jen.....nice to see you this morning, you look great! :D

6. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Though I haven't done it, I do believe it's easier to get your rentista FM3 at a consulate in the states. I know a couple people on the board have done this with relative ease.

7. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Kelly,
    It was good to see you too!!
    I'm sure yours will be ready next week without a problem - you see I was fretting over nothing as well, they are just really backlogged right now!
    Be calm, everything will be fine.

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Getting a Rentista FM3 is easier anyway! If you are coming here to live on money you get from outside the country they like you.

Often it can be easier at a Consul outside Mexico. Though they sometimes don't want to do it. When I was preparing to move here the consul in Denver told me flat out to do the FM3 in Mexico, they didn't want to do the work I guess.

9. BiznKitty

BiznKitty Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We visited the Miami Consulate last week to get their requirements for an FM3 Rentista. There was no line, the staff was very courteous and haelpful. We were told that it would only take 24 hours to get our FM3 when we returned with the paperwork. We're going back May 7th so we'll update after. I'm not so niave to think everything will be as smooth as we were told....but I'm hopeful that we can get it done while in Miami.

10. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When you fully qualify for a Rentista FM3 it's not a big deal. Their requirements are logical. You only need to make sure to have enough photo copies made. The only real pita about immigration when you are Rentista is just that you have to renew every year.

Immigration is much more painful here if you need to work or if you only sort-of qualify. But if you have a good amount of money in the bank and/or a good income from outside Mexico you won't be in danger of being turned down.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice