Flying home

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by SamCancun, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    SamCancun

Since I have access to the same software that TA's used I looked up what might be the best deal for you and your family in the next while - see below

Cancun (CUN) to London (LHR) - Wed, Feb 16
    [​IMG] Cancun (CUN) to Miami (MIA) - Wed, Feb 16 American 2158 Dep: 12:15PM Arr: 2:55PM 1h 40m Boeing 737 Coach (Q)
    Layover in MIA 6h 40m
    [​IMG] Miami (MIA) to London (LHR) - Wed, Feb 16 Virgin Atlantic 6 Dep: 9:35PM Arr: 11:05AM 8h 30m Airbus A340 Coach (O)

Thu, Feb 17

London (LHR) to Cancun (CUN) - Sun, Feb 27
    [​IMG] London (LHR) to Miami (MIA) - Sun, Feb 27 Virgin Atlantic 5 Dep: 12:30PM Arr: 5:20PM 9h 50m Airbus A340 Coach (O)
    Layover in MIA 2h 0m
    [​IMG] Miami (MIA) to Cancun (CUN) - Sun, Feb 27 American 2147 Dep: 7:20PM Arr: 8:05PM 1h 45m Boeing 737 Coach (Q)

Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) 10,519.00 x 2 (2 adults) Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) 9,912.00 x 2 (2 children) Total cost for 4 passengers 40,862.00
    * All prices shown in MXN

If you want details PM me - the flights will have to be booked through a real TA(not me -lol) rather than on line

btw - if you want to avoid the USA stop, you can go via Amsterdam on Martinair to LHR but much more expensive at 53,564.61 MXN total

- Wayne

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sam and Cancun Fun,

Since CF's friend is my friend too and I often heard him sing the praises of jetair, I checked Fri, March 18 to Fri, April 1, Cancun to Brussels R/T for 2 adults and 2 kids.

Under $40,000 Mxn including taxes. ($2,406 Euros).

Besides the price, he did not have to go thru the US and deal with Visas for a plane change. These flights connect in Liberia, Costa Rica.

My daughter used to take the train from London to and from Brussels when she was studying in London (Dad, I must study abroooaaaad.)

3. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    We have used Air europa and the connections in Madrid are good and dont require an overnight stay.
    BA are expensive but the flights are full ! After 25th March there will be 3 flights a week and they are looking to increase that to 4.So I guess they are doing something right.
    US airways via Philly has been another option we have used.
    Good luck finding something suitable.
    Tracey
    x

4. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looks like all the flights are expensive. I reckon if you really want to go home you're going to have to pay the price.

However, why don't you book through bestday and pay 21 months no interest - that way it's only a couple of thousand pesos a month, which I reckon you can afford, and it doesn't hurt the wallet as much as paying in one go, you go direct with BA, so no faffing around for the kids etc.

Reckon it's a good way to get back that doesn't feel like you're getting rinsed (as much)...

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,209 / 14
    Maybe the flight times have changed, when we did it (3 years ago) we landed in Madrid about 10pm at night, got to the hotel about midnight then had to get up at 5am to go back to the airport for the flight home. Not much fun with a 3 yr old, not much fun at any year old ;)

6. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, yes i see they have some great last minute deals. I want to go in August or September, so maybe i'm better off just trying to find a flight nearer the time.

7. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for that, any chance you can look at what the best price is coming out for early September or December, xmas time? Really appreciate it, thanks for the tips everyone.

8. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have a birth certificate and passport for Sofia from when she was born there. We also have a Mexican birth certificate for her but no Mexican passport, do you think she needs one to come back into the country easily?

However for Willy (Willy and Billy, sound like they could be a right pair together at school!) we only have a Mexican birth certificate, I read somewhere you could apply for the British birth certificate and passport at the consulate in The Royal is it? Let me know what process your going through, i didn't even think about having to have a passport for him.

Also with Ingrid having a spouse visa before, does it mean she can easily go back to the UK or will she have to re-apply for a visa before she visit or is that only if we want to stay, can a Mexican just fly to England and stay for six months withouth a visa, I have no idea what the rules are this day.

And this topic has gone in a very different direction! :)

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,209 / 14
    Sam, will try and reply in full later, prob be Thursday though. Just off to bed and will be out all day tomorrow at Isla Mujeres. But yeah there's some important stuff you need to know about Brits/Mexicans re visas and passports etc.

Prob be easier if you just come out for a beer with me and Mat at the weekend and we can chat it over ;)

10. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    At the moment these seem to be the best deals but as you know things do change

On a direct flt to Amsterdam (then your would take the Chunnel train back and forth to the UK)

Cancun (CUN) to Amsterdam (AMS) - Sun, Sep 4
    [​IMG] Martinair Holland N.V. 619 Dep: 8:50PM Arr: 1:35PM Mon, Sep 5 9h 45m Boeing 767 Coach (T)

Amsterdam (AMS) to Cancun (CUN) - Thu, Sep 15
    [​IMG] Martinair Holland N.V. 639 Dep: 12:45PM Arr: 4:40PM 10h 55m Boeing 767 Coach (T)

Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) 13,059.00 x 2 (2 adults)
    Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) 11,053.00 x 2 (2 children)
    Total cost for 4 passengers 48,224.00

In Dec for Xmas this looks to be the best but it is via the US

Cancun (CUN) to London (LHR) - Fri, Dec 16
    [​IMG] Cancun (CUN) to Philadelphia (PHL) - Fri, Dec 16 US Airways 812 Dep: 9:30AM Arr: 2:00PM 3h 30m Airbus A319 Coach (W)
    Layover in PHL 7h 10m
    [​IMG] Philadelphia (PHL) to London (LHR) - Fri, Dec 16 US Airways 728 Dep: 9:10PM Arr: 9:25AM Sat, Dec 17 7h 15m Airbus A330 Coach (W)

London (LHR) to Cancun (CUN) - Thu, Dec 29
    [​IMG] London (LHR) to Philadelphia (PHL) - Thu, Dec 29 US Airways 729 Dep: 12:05PM Arr: 3:35PM 8h 30m Airbus A330 Coach (W)
    Layover in PHL 3h 13m
    [​IMG] Philadelphia (PHL) to Cancun (CUN) - Thu, Dec 29 US Airways 811 Dep: 6:48PM Arr: 9:53PM 4h 5m Airbus A319 Coach (W)

Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) 12,324.00 x 2 (2 adults)
    Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) 11,086.00 x 2 (2 children)
    Total cost for 4 passengers 46,820.00

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice