Flu Epidemic

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by p8triot37, Apr 25, 2009.

1. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    If you are talking about the link to the NY news site i did check it out, sevral people got sick(none died), but what I am saying is that it is not worth giving up your vactions for, Mexico City is closer to the US than Cancun, thousands cross the border evey day! It is a lot more likely you would contact it here than in Cancun! Flu's knows no boarders! Terry

2. Kat & Tmac

Kat & Tmac Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Alright TerryB, U sold me , Now all I have to do is sell it to Kat !!! I really want to go . Thanks

3. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    i think every person has to make their own decisions in these matters. for tonya and i..................we are very fortunarte enough to not have to worry about employers and such matters. i understand that some of you guys have those types of issues to worry with and that is sad that an overhyped flu virus can cause such widespread panic but that is the reality of our culture and i do understand

our choice to go is simply based upon the reality that the chances of us catching any virus (much less the swine virus) is less than us being a victim of a home invasion were we to stay here or getting hit by a drunk driver on hwy 183

rob

4. ffto

ffto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Remember this,

The news is what it is and they live on this stuff and blow it up because that is their livelyhood. I would do the same if I was in that profession.

I would bet that if it gets worse it will be everywhere else as the people that visit Mexico will travel to everywhere else except Cancun. Wanna Bet? :evil: :?:

I am not worried, GEEZ we have a lot of stuff to be worried about and this is just over inflated.
    It is just the new thing.

Don

5. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hyped was the right word to use Rob. If there where 100,000 sick in the area of Cancun I might worry and Tmac tell Kat if there where an outbreak in say in Kanas city and you lived in Cancun would you be afraid to go to New York City? Terry

6. us2933

us2933 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    We just contacted our travel agent who's advice was to travel at normal. This is also the advice of the foriegn office who have the most info on it in the UK.
    Have to agree with many people saying if we listened to everything we're warned about we wouldn't live a life at all. Theres been a few confirmed cases in Europe and all have travelled to Mexico city.
    We'll be there no matter what as long as our travel agent allows us which looks very likely. See you all Thursday xx

7. Bearcat

Bearcat Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Us four are still going we will have a blast! Can it really be worse then some of the hang overs I have had there? Haha

8. pjscardz

pjscardz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This thing has the potential to be the most overly-hyped flu outbreak in history... or it could end up being one of the worst outbreaks ever. My money is on OVER-HYPED right now but I will pay close attention!

It's still too early to really know what's going on and I feel horrible for all of you who are leaving in the next four weeks. You have a lot of un-answered questions regarding the issue and it may affect your ability to go have a good time and enjoy yourselves (I know some of you won't have that problem at all!).

I don't go until July so by then there should be a lot more answers. For the rest of you I hope you can all go and have a WICKED FANTASTIC time. Stay safe and be careful !

9. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Unless the US State Department bans all travel or starts to quarantine everyone coming back from Mexico we will definitely be going.

10. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ditto....unless they stop the plane...I am going on vacation !!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice