Flu Epidemic

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by p8triot37, Apr 25, 2009.

1. ffto

ffto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Below is from the Tamiflu website:

Treat the Flu with TAMIFLUWhen you or someone in your family begins to experience flu symptoms, you have 48 hours to take action. Trust TAMIFLU, the number-one prescribed antiviral flu medicine*:

For flu treatment: When taken within two days of experiencing symptoms, TAMIFLU works by helping to stop the flu virus from spreading inside the body

For flu prevention: When you have been exposed to someone with the flu, taking TAMIFLU can help keep the virus from making you sick
    TAMIFLU is not a substitute for the flu shot; vaccination is the first line of defense for flu protection.

TAMIFLU is Effective for Children and AdultsIn flu treatment studies of patients who took TAMIFLU within 48 hours of the first appearance of symptoms:

Adults felt better 30 percent faster (1.3 days) than flu patients who did not take TAMIFLU
    Children felt better up to 26 percent faster (1.5 days) than flu patients who did not take TAMIFLU
    TAMIFLU is indicated for the treatment and prevention of influenza in people 1 year and older.

Flu strains may vary from area to area, so if you are exposed to a strain of the flu that is not the same strain as the one your flu shot protects against, you may still get the flu.

2. Deleted member 9443

Deleted member 9443 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    is this stuff available over the counter?

3. ffto

ffto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TAMIFLU is only available by prescription from your healthcare provider. If you think you have flu symptoms, see your doctor or healthcare provider. Only (s)he can tell you if you have the flu. Remember, you have 48 hours from the time you first experienced symptoms to take TAMIFLU

4. stevesteve

stevesteve Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great info ffto.

I don't think there currently is a vaccine for this thing.

Tamiflu is not available over-the-counter. ffto is in the health care, he might know better. [to: ffto, you just answered me!]

5. Deleted member 9443

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    think I could get a prescription before we leave in case? would a flu shot help?

6. stevesteve

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  7. ffto

ffto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are going to get some Tamiflu to take with us just in case. Pam has a low immune system.

Just because there is a Flu outbreak will not stop us. If we worry about everything that could happen to us, we would live in a hole in the ground and then an earthquake would probably get us.

Let the party begin May 13th. :lotsofmichaelf:

8. Deleted member 9443

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  9. stevesteve

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have a great trip. This is one of those one in a million stuff, so as long as you are prepared, no problems.

10. Beck

Beck I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ditto:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice