Flu Epidemic

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by p8triot37, Apr 25, 2009.

1. TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Temptation... Here we come!

I was thinking that most probably died in autoerotic asphyxiation situations gone bad but I had to google to see if there was any other big killer and ran across this story..
    http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/s/2043884_man_died_after_sex_act_went_wrong

:shock: :shock:

2. SheBop

SheBop Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +119 / 0
    I'm guessing some form of sexually transmitted disease...HIV/AIDS

3. glenn/monique

glenn/monique Titties n Beer Registered Member

Ratings:
    +423 / 1

Nah doubt that it has anything to do with the healthcare. We are at the end of canadian season in mexico. Most people stay here for spring and summer. Much better to go when it's -30 here. We have on 4 cases in Alberta and they were all there together. Public safety is big here.

4. p8triot37

p8triot37 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we got to temptations today. we haven't seen a hint of the flu. businesses are open (as well as the pool bars).

5. ffto

ffto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anybody watch CNN today?

President Obama and Mexico president stated no border closures. :p :p :p

And it is safe to Fly!!!!! No flights canncelled either way. No worry about going or returning YEAH :lotsofmichaelf:

Planes are safe with Hepa systems to filter the air.

No restrictions, wonderful!!!!

VP Biden got slammed for waht he said.

Experts say the Mexican flu is less harmful than the regulal flu.

:bigband:

Don

6. us2933

us2933 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    I think it's just the British goverment being little big brother again and trying to protect thier own, god knows what from tho. As of today there are only 6 comfirmed cases in the UK with a 100 or so being tested. We're off to Egypt monday due to our cancellation but we've rebooked TTR for Sept 1st so we'll be back xxx

7. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    WOOO HOOOO, happy dancin Don...

thanks so much for that info..I will certaintly quote you to all of my friends giving me grief about going to Mexico. Cant wait !!

8. ffto

ffto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You are so welcome. We can't wait to see you and all our past freinds.

Worry free and ready to enjoy!!!! :p :D :p

Don

9. B & B

B & B Guru Registered Member

The Hub of the Niagara Pennisula, Ontario
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Looking over the events of the past few weeks it seems like the biggest culprit in this entire mess is misinformation. A few people not qualified to make statements and who only know the partial truth make assumptions and then pass it on as fact.

As the above statement implies, because Canada and the UK have national health insurance, the governments of those countries have decided to cancel trips.

Actually the governments in both countries never cancelled trips and national health care had nothing to do with it. The carriers and trip companies were the ones that cancelled the trips. The government advised that non-essential trips should be reconsidered, but never did they say "Do not go". The companies we work for have been as guilty as the media, if you go, then see a Doctor before you come back to work, etc.,.

A week later now, this virus appears to be winding down and the terror associated with it, is making it's way to the back pages of the news.

All of a sudden the US is postponing and cancelling flights, the US governments stance all along has been the same as Canada and the UK, all non-essential travel to Mexico should be reconsidered.

National Health Care is not a bad thing, and I cannot comprehend how it is held in such disdain. Sure it affects the amount of taxes I pay, and there is some abuse of the system, but to say that because of National Health Care, the government is playing big brother is a load if mis-informed HOOEY!!!!

10. TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I told everyone I work with that if the swine flu was really that bad, I was still headed to Mexico.. I told them I would BeDazzle the hell out of some paper medical masks & gloves, to color coordinate w/my bikini bottoms :)

I haven't been worried this whole time - only when they mentioned closing US/Mexico border.

-Kasi

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice