Flights through Mexico City

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by DougEfresh, Feb 7, 2009.

1. DougEfresh

DougEfresh Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Anyone ever had to change planes in Mexico City? I'm wondering if the airport is easy to navigate for this Gringo? There are flights on Mexicana and Aeromexico from San Francisco in September for a little over $200us...The package that I'm looking at is for a single $998 for a week at Temptation and $1550 for 2 people...Sounds pretty cheap, but it is a 7 month commitment...in hurricane season...
    Doug

2. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    Yes, we have connected thru Mexico City airport many times.

The airport is modern, well signed and easy to navigate.

You will land in the International Arrivals area and will have to clear Immigrations and Customs in the Mexico City Airport.

Just make sure that you have enough time for your connections. (your should allow a minimum of 1 1/2 hrs)

The good thing about clearing Immigration and Customs in Mexico City means that you just arrive in Cancun at the domestic gates and all you do is collect your luggage and exit the airport.

3. bake

bake Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    mexico city

just reminder when you land at mex,city be sure you go to terminal T2
    to go to cancun,you get the train from T1 TO T2 O,K,
    CYA BAKE

4. TnA

TnA Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you are going thru Mexico City on your way home, make sure the Cancun airport prints out all borading passes. You cannot get to the International area without a boarding pass. Last year we did this and it was a bit scary for a while, since neither of us are fluent in Spanish AT ALL.

We made it, but it was an enlightening experience.

5. DougEfresh

DougEfresh Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks for the helpful tips, hopefully I'll remember them when I go and after a week of drinking! I figured that an airport that big wouldn't be too bad, but I've been confused as hell in Puerto Vallarta on more than one occasion, so I thought I'd ask...Thanks again
    Doug

6. logic7

logic7 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    I think it ws our first trip to BBG/TTR, 2nd flight to Cancun. We got to Sky Harbor 5 min too late and we had to get a flight on Mexicana, transferred to AeroMexico in Mexico City. Well... When we got off the plane, we were initially told we had to go to customs, but when we got into the airport, the lady told us our connecting flight was directly across from where we got off at. We were hurried over there and caught our connecting flight. We later foud out that we litterally snuck into the country doing that. We never went through customs, so we didn't have the little card you fill out.

Anywho, our flight back was through Mexico City. The one gripe I have is that customs is kinda far away from where you get off the planes, so there's a very good chance you could be late if your connecting flight is leaving really close to the time you get there.

7. Ken and Darcie

Ken and Darcie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    We have to go from California to Gaudalajara to Mexico city to Cancun... im guessing we go go through customs in Guadalajahra and just change planes in Mexico city. does this sound right? We have 1 1/2 in Guad. and an hour in Mexico city. What do ya think?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice