Flights from uk are canceled

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by 84Hutch, Apr 28, 2009.

1. 84Hutch

84Hutch Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the dreams over for us im afraid. looks like ill be sat in playa de las americas on thurs afternoon...on the plus side at least ill be boozing by 12

2. JeffJules

JeffJules Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Such a shame, we were really looking forward to going to Mexico, Jules parents went about 10 years ago and said it was the best holiday they ever had, we are gutted.

Lets hope the Alternatives we get offered are as good.

3. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    We are coming from the States, but we booked Jamaica. Great deals right now at Superclubs and others. We just came back from Vegas and there are tremendous deals there also.

My guess is that this whole epidemic thing is blown out of proportion by the media. Any objectivity and common sense has long since left the mainstream media.

4. madao

madao Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have you booked anything yet?

We have booked flights to Thailand on Friday morning from Heathrow, no accomodation, and plan to spend two weeks travelling about a bit :cool:

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Sorry to hear that all you Brits. Cancelling flights is the exact opposite of what the WHO has recommended.

If any of you are night owls it looks like I'm going to be on BBC Radio 5 tonight doing a phone interview at 1am UK time. :blueshock:

6. JeffJules

JeffJules Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was optimistic about the whole thing going ahead as planned until our Nanny State Government declared a unilateral "non-essential" travel ban, which by law the travel providers must adhere to. It is no wonder the UK is in the state it is when an adult can't choose where they take a holiday. I will leave any decision we make until we are given the ultimatum by the travel company as 4 days is a plenty of time for everything to get altered again and the whole panic be over.

7. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Big shout out to all the Owls, not neccessarily just the night ones wouldn't go amis I suppose :lol: :lol:

Ian :lol:

8. 84Hutch

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    gooin tenerife mate, this happend to us as well a few years back, we were booked for cancun in nov, and the hurricane come n we went tenerife then as well..not ideal but took a £300 refund and we fly first thing 2moro morning...thailand will be brilliant! have a good one mate...im cumin back to cancun next march, booking wen were back! i hope everyone gets something sorted, such a shame

9. madao

madao Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice, im glad you got something else arranged, and leaving on the same day. Such a hassle though. A load of Mexical Peso's came yesterday id ordered - how useless! Guess ill loose a bit changing them back lol

Ill def be heading to Temptations again, may try for September as a few people we met before are already booked for then. If not then I may see you out there next year!

As you say I hope everyone else is sorted, whether they decide to book elsewhere or get their money back

10. 84Hutch

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

ah thats a wounder, a few of the boys have a similar issue and have to change $ to euros! oh well, maybe see u next year! have a good one in thailand pal

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice