Flight Bumping?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by NormsKid, Aug 1, 2007.

1. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is a topic that has come up every once in a blue moon so when I found this article, I figured I'd post it.

http://www.smartertravel.com/travel...-wanted-to-know-about-bumping.html?id=2396101

I often utilize the bumping rules to my advantage and get free travel as a result. I travel frequently for work and we are allowed to book whatever flights we want. So I always go with the popular flights that look like they will be overbooked.

I arrive several hours early so that I am one of the first to check in. When I check in, I ask right away if the flight is sold out or overbooked. If they say yes, I tell them to put me on the list for volunteers willing to give up a seat on the flight and be booked on another. (first come, first served has been my experience with this)

I have received vouchers for as much as $1,000.00 (gave up a seat on a flight at the end of Mardi Gras in New Orleans) That voucher paid for airfare for 2 vacations I otherwise would not have taken.

The other benefit of giving up your seat is that often times, you will get a upgrade to 1st class on the next flight they put you on. I don't think I've ever given up my seat and not had this perk come with.

Good luck!

Michelle

2. dannyb

dannyb Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Michelle.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice