Fletch's Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Waste, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    very true.....but correct me if im wrong but Montreal only won the cup 5 years in a row ONCE....had a few back-to-back cups, and a 4 year in a row streak......but I guess a 15 titles in 27 years span (or something to that extent, if my hockey knowledge serves me) isnt SO bad :cool:

I'm happy with my 2 in a row ('91, '92)

2. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And that was our first time...

Implementing the salary cap just before our $ overtook yours isn't helping our quest for a 2nd 5 cup streak. Before the salary cap, you'd pick up all our players with your strong $. Now that our dollar is strong and we can afford to buy them back, there's a salary cap in place.

And it also depends if your talking NHL history (mid 1920s) or Stanley Cup history (early 1890s).

3. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i have no idea what you're talking about :lol: :lol:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

.........at least Lemieux was drafted by the Penguins :cool:

4. rikib004

rikib004 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    But a team with 10 can be called hockeytown? OK then Detroit CAN be called Hockeytown as Detroit has won 10 TEN count it 10 Stanley Cups

5. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    jeesh its bad when a Brit picks up on that before either of us do :lol: :lol:

just kidding with ya Riki....good man....wings still have 14 to go to catch up to the Habs though.....and my Penguins have about 22 more to go haha but hey....were 2-0 in cup finals!! if that means anything

6. Waste

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fletch

Great game last night. More than a few scraps, very physical first and second periods. For their sake, I hope the Penguins are able to remember how to score at even strength. All goals were on power plays. I think they were out played for the first two periods, but still managed to get lucky and connect on long shots during the power plays.

Crosby could be up for play of the week.

1 game left and it's on the last day. Keeps the pressure off you guys, knowing what our final point tally will be.

Did you hear Price just won rookie of the month?

7. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was at a concert last night and DRV'ed the game, will have to watch it when I get home....saw the highlights though, they certainly made it seem like the pens dominated

Price is doing well, i love it, especially since he's one of my fantasy goalies!

8. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I actually watched some of the blackhawks game last night.........odd!! :lol:

9. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    im impressed.....and they ended up whooping up on Riki's Red Wings

10. Waste

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice